Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Melia Cayo Coco

Looking for info on this resort. Is pool big enough for laps? Enough lounge chairs on beach and at pool? How is the food? Are the rooms well-maintained?

I was there a year ago and enjoyed it. My review was posted here. Pool is large but irregular shaped so not being a swimmer, not sure but it should be good for laps.
Lots of loungers everywhere but that also depends upon when you are going and how busy the resort is. It would be similar at all resorts except some are less loungers for sure.
I rated the a la cartes as the best I have had in Cuba. The buffet was a tiny notch lower than the former Barcelo. Same quality but a bit less variety.
Rooms were very good. we prefer a second floor. Very spacious. The best bed that we have had in Cuba. Everything we saw was good. There have been a few comments about the units needing some maintenance but I think that was due to Hurricane Sandy and it does take awhile to get things back to normal after.
Bars, drinks, etc. were all good.
We thought MCSM was overall, the best resort we have been to in Cuba without going into super high prices.