Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Message to the Apple Vacation Folks

I said this once, and I’ll say it again… I can’t stress enough to competitive price quote Apple Vacations. The price you are quoted from www.applevacations.com is not the best price you can get. There are multiple other travel agencies who discount even the ‘sizzling specials’ by 10%.

Case in hand, I just booked an Apple package to Sunscape the Beach. I obtained the apple quote using applevacations web engine, and then sent out some e-mails asking for discounted quotes. Strangely enough, JMTravel wouldn’t budge on the price (they are a Crystal Agency and get a higher commission, so they do have wiggle room); but nope, their policy is strictly no discounting. I can respect that, but that doesn’t mean I’m willing to spend an extra couple hundred bucks to work with them lol.

Anyway, I ended up getting an additional 10% off the Apple Price through Berwick Travel, but there were MULTIPLE other agencies willing to discount Apple packages. Do a google search for 'Apple Vacation 10% Discount" and you’ll see what I mean.

Hope this helps,
Cheryl

Cheryl is absolutely right! You’re throwing away money if you pay the price on the Apple or Funjet websites. Use them for research, but then solicit quotes once you find a good package. I have always been able to save 5-15% this way.

People who don’t like to buy online can use the same strategy with local travel agencies. There are brick-and-mortar agencies that discount, too.

Awww man! Now ya tell me! Ah well, guess I’m just going to have to book another trip, this time being smart about it. It’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it!

Thanks for the advice–I’ll make sure to do that for my next trip.