Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Mid 20s Couple - which hotels?

Hey guys, we are a mid 20s couple (26/27) and need to get out of all this snow!!! it just keeps piling up!

so we are looking at going to the DR. friends of mine have gone to the Ibostar Bavaro and had a good time, but i cant seem to find any vacation packages.

What are some good places for our age group? We dont really want a ton of children running around, but dont want to risk an adult only place with people 20 years out of our age demographic.

From what i have looked at online this is a list of places that seem to be what we are looking for. Budget is around 1000k for each of us. Please help me narrow it down, or give other suggestions!

-Bahia Principe
-Occidental Grand
-Bavaro Princess
-Ocean Blue/Sand
-Caribe Club Princess
-Barcelo Bavaro

Also maybe something that has some cool excursions available as well. id like to see some things besides just the resort.

I’m going to Bavaro Princess but think that Occidental Grand would be best for “youngins” because they have a disco (or at least used to) and I seem to remember more young people on their beach than the Bavaro Princess’s. I’ve spent 5 holidays at the Occidental in Puerta Plata and enjoyed it very much. Bavaro Princess and Occidental are side by side in Punta Cana. Good luck choosing, but all the resorts you named are reputable. Have fun.

agreed with sunseeker…occidental and bahia principe would be your best bet for that age group…bavaro princess had a great beach party last year though…my head still hurts!!!

I would say the Bahia Principe.

sarah

I can recommend occidental grand. I am around your age and spent 3 weeks there in July and had a great time. there were guest of all ages at the resort but i did notice more groups of younger people then when i stayed there back in 03. its a nice mixe of people and i enjoyed myself. they do have a nice club on the resort that is open to any and everyone.

have fun!

southbound I need to hear more about this beach party!!! lol You can’t leave me hanging!! Tell me about this beach party. I was there 5 years ago and don’t remember a beach party. Hopefully there will be one this April!!!

we had a room in the platinum section near the beach…they set up a live band after dinner and then had a dj with great dance music right on the beach…dancers, fire eaters and the like…it was great, and there was a big crowd out to dance…the beach bar was open till eleven and everyone was doing mamajuana shots…funny, thats all I remember lol

[quote=@sarah3583]
-Bahia Principe
-Occidental Grand
-Bavaro Princess
-Ocean Blue/Sand
-Caribe Club Princess
-Barcelo Bavaro[/quote]

Older people will definatly be at any resort in the DR. The DR is also not a very social place where you meet other couples etc. People really do relax there or are part of ‘groups’.

Gran Bahia Pricnipe is a huge resort, more people to see, and the happening place is the Kareoke bar at night. Not a lot of English speaking guests when I went last Sep though. Food sucked IMO.

Research your excursions before you go, a lot of them aren’t worth it.

For your age though and what you want, I really recommend a Sandles resort.

Have to totally agree with sunseeker6 and southbound in their choices. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one of those.