Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Mini fiesta?

Hola fellow DR lovers.
A few of us were thinking about having a “get together” at the Checkpoint. During the week of Feb 21-28. So far it will be me Kelba and a few of my friends. Ms. Piggy and her husband. And I think Phil will be there as well. Anyone interested??? We had one before at Rockys and had a great time. It’s nice to meet up with the people on this site.

We’re “in” and looking forward to seeing some old friends Kelba and Phil (I sure hope he can make it) The date is sure getting close in a hurry, and I am just as excited now as I was for my first trip to Sosua years ago. Funny thing how you can just never get tired of going to that beautiful country and being around such beautiful people.
So, who’s all “in”? Don’t be shy.
Kathy

Wish I was headed to POP 'cause I’d join you. I’ll be in Samana.

We will wait for a few more yes’ then feel everyone out for the exact date.

So far it’s kelba, my friend Patti, for sure. Then I think four more people that I’m travelling with. Ms. Piggy and Dave. 6 so far. Phil said he would like to met up with us. I’m sure he will.

Hey guys- let me know what you decide- as you know we have limited seating but if we know what date, we’ll pull a few strings and arrange some extra seating!
It’ll be awesome to see you guys!!!

Sorry to miss it. we’ll be in Playa Dorada from Jan 30 to Feb 13.

I hope to visit Checkpoint for the 1st time, if I can find it… ;D

Tom

Tom - check out the link Colleen provided in the MAPS thread and it will pinpoint exactly where Checkpoint is. We have around 8 of us going there on Feb 12 (Sunday) around noon and am sure will visit a few times during our stay since the free shuttle basically drops us off at their doorstep! 4 more weeks…cant wait :slight_smile:

Feb 12th is a Monday. ???

Tom

I posted this on DR1 as well. There are four people coming from there. Jenandrob and two of their friends. That’s four more. yeah Party Hearty.

Possibility of 14!!!

I was on DR! it appears there may be another one added. How big is the Checkpoint. How many does it hold. I wrote in DR! that we can meet at the checkpoint and have a few drinks. If, lots show up we can always move to another bar. But, I’m confident that Colleen will do all she can.

See http://www.worldisround.com/articles/275557/index.html photos Sosua33, 34 and 35 (right near the bottom)

kelba

checkpoint is an outside bar so theres plenty of room,
great place for drinks and music and meeting ex-pats.

bob from canada

your pics of bergantine beach,just wondering are the food and drink huts still there,will be at fun royale 27th jan for 2 weeks.

glenn 115

thanks glenn I have a better Idea now of what it looks like.

hello all…we’ll be there! Along with our 2 week old baby! She (Brianna Beverly) will be due for a day out! Let us know the day as we would like to maybe rent a condo or stay at an AI for that week.

[quote author=ottawatom board=Poparea thread=1168196560 post=1168516297]Sorry to miss it. we’ll be in Playa Dorada from Jan 30 to Feb 13.

Tom[/quote]

Hey Tom. I’ll be in PD 29th to the 12th so maybe we could do a day trip to Sosua and I’ll take you to Checkpoint, I know where it is! ;D ;D

Cheers Amandalou :-*

[quote author=ottawatom board=Poparea thread=1168196560 post=1168516297]Sorry to miss it. we’ll be in Playa Dorada from Jan 30 to Feb 13.

Tom[/quote]

Seek and ye shall find:

Gregg

thanks for the pics. I have a better idea now.

Sounds like there will be an ample group “fiesta-ing” so far. Getting excited now, only 37 sleeps!

Ok now it’s time to set the date and time. It’s getting closer!!! I was thinking maybe Friday the 23? Not to early as I need my fix of the beach for awhile. What do you guys think?