Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Motorcycle rentals?

I will be staying at the Iberostar in Puerto Plata next month. Can I rent a motorcycle there? Will I have to get a local driver’s license?

Does anyone know the costs?

Thanks,

We have rented scooters from a place outside of the Iberostar Costa Dorada complex (walking distance). If you exit the complex and turn left to go down towards Playa Dorada there is a place to rent cars and scooters.
Driving in the DR is tricky but we have not had a problem (thank God!) - you need to take your time and take caution with everyone driving around you.
He charged us by the day…I think it was $30 US…I’ll have to check with my husband. What a great ride…past the airport, stopped in to Sosua, and then on to Cabarette…awesome!
Can’t wait til the end of Feb!
No, you do not need a local driver’s license. They will ask to see your regular drivers license and a credit card.

Hey Budthespudpei,
yes you can rent motorcyles in the DR and the Iberostar is pretty close to a few rentals. I have never had the opportunity to drive one down there as my husband is a bit of a sissy when it comes to motorcyles and the DR.

[quote=@suefromns]Hey Budthespudpei,
yes you can rent motorcyles in the DR and the Iberostar is pretty close to a few rentals. I have never had the opportunity to drive one down there as my husband is a bit of a sissy when it comes to motorcyles and the DR.[/quote]

Sensible I would say :sunglasses:
I would hire a car but not a motorcycle the way they drive down there. Then check double and triple check the condition of the vehicle and your insurance.
Hiring a car is great fun but please be careful

Hello rayleeds, I do agree with you about the motorcycle, my husband was winding me up when he was calling himself a sissy, but thank you for your concern and insight. it is always appreciated

Hi all, I am travelling to Bahia Principe San Juan for Marchy Break. Are there any scooter rentals close by? In the town of Rio San Juan or at this hotels?

Thanks.

thinking or renting scooters for a day…anyone know prices or location to rent near Tropical Playa Dorada ?

Hey hashman - the place that we rented from was inbetween the Iberostar Costa Dorada and the Playa Dorada complex. We have rented from them for 2 different years. They have scooters and cars - in good condition.