Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Name your favourite Varadero Restaurant

I’ve never heard of a restaurant I’d feel comfortable in Varadero but I know they exist. I probably missed the good ones. Or just got ripped? :wink:
Tell me about your favourites and I’ll do my best to try them next time and quote you. :smiley:
Cheers…

Years ago, we went to a tiny restaurant in the park that has a cave with tables inside and outside. We badly needed a break from the hotel buffet. We were the only people there and the entire meal was cooked on a very small BBQ. We sat outside and enjoyed the view of the pond & swans, while eating.
No idea what the name is/was and no idea if it is still there. I doubt we will ever be back to Varadero, but good memories linger on. We were going to do the ‘lobster night’ at another Varadero restaurant but balked at the high cost. We did that in Cayo Santa Maria and decided that if you like Atlantic lobster, you may not want to order Caribbean lobster. Just not the same animal - or flavour.

Thanks dax, The lobster isn’t real lobster but the tails are okay when cooked right.
I’m thinking Josone Park? was your spot?

[quote=@dax]Years ago, we went to a tiny restaurant in the park that has a cave with tables inside and outside. We badly needed a break from the hotel buffet. We were the only people there and the entire meal was cooked on a very small BBQ. We sat outside and enjoyed the view of the pond & swans, while eating.
No idea what the name is/was and no idea if it is still there. I doubt we will ever be back to Varadero, but good memories linger on. We were going to do the ‘lobster night’ at another Varadero restaurant but balked at the high cost. We did that in Cayo Santa Maria and decided that if you like Atlantic lobster, you may not want to order Caribbean lobster. Just not the same animal - or flavour.[/quote]

Was it the La Gruta Restaurant? “The Cave”?

Sounds right.

We don’t stay in Varadero so don’t dine there but, if I may, I’d like to mention a restaurant that vacationers in Varadero might want to check out if they take a trip to Havana. It’s located right on the highway in Santa Cruz del Norte: Los Amigos. If you get the opportunity, do try it out. You won’t be disappointed. We’ll definitely be going back :slight_smile: Here’s a link to comments on TA.

I agree with Steffie ! We went for dinner last February from BJ and had a wonderful meal (and evening). At that time they were re-doing part of the inside to add more dining space. That shows how good the place is; that they must add on to accommodate the number of guests who are hearing about it ! One of the posts on TA is mine. Check it out.