Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Need Help with Resort Selection

I’ve been to the D.R. five times and to Cuba twice: Santiago and Holguin. I’m thinking of trying Varadero this spring. Can anyone suggest a good quality four star for early March out of Moncton - one that does not cater to large numbers of spring break people.

Iberostar Playa Alameda…
Iberostar Tainos…
Blau Varadero…

These are all pretty fair prices out of Moncton early March.
I have not been to the Alameda but our friends were last year and really enjoyed it.
The Tainos seems to be a favorite and has a lot of repeat customers.
Or for more $ you could go to an ‘adults only’ higher end resort…no partying students allowed there for sure…

Blau is a great resort for the price and what you get.

Was there last year, and would compare to any other 4 star resort I have stayed at before anywhere.(D.R. and Jamaica)

Not a party resort, as no disco on site. Good location on the strip, great beach, resort is fairly new, no issues with condition or service or quality of anything there.

That is the only one I can speak for in Varadero, but it was that good, that i would consider going back there again if the price was right again!

Thanks guys. It looks like it’ll be the Iberostar Tainos. I’m already getting excited. Just hope the weather cooperates.