Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Need POP Resort Help!

Just looking for some information and opinions on various resorts in POP. We’ve been to Fun Royale and Breezes POP but are looking for something this year within “the budget”. So far the following are coming to mind: Paradise Beach Club (how bad are those attic rooms?), Paraiso Del Sol, and Hotetur Dorado Club; and of course Fun Royale again (which we loved).

I see a lot of older reviews on the above (and not that great I might add); anyone have a new opinion?

I have been to the Paradise, Dorado Club, Jack Tar, and Villas Dorada but the last 4 times have been to the Fun Tropicale.

That other place you mention is past Cabarete so it depends on what you are looking for.

I’ve stayed at Paraiso del Sol 2x and found it to be a nice resort. Nothing special, food ok, rooms ok, beach lovely, entertainment ok, big pool. One thing I really liked was the free shuttle that took you to Caberete available 3x a day. I can give you more specific details of the resort if you want to PM me. For the price, I’ve been very satisfied and would go back again.

I can vouch for Hotetur Dorado Club. We were there two years ago and are booked again for two weeks beginning January 30th. It’s not the Ritz, but for the price it’s good.

Tom

Thanks everyone, we actually booked Fun Royale (again) last night. Really good deal via signature vacations and itravel2000 for February 9th.

I hope the resort is as good as 2005 and hopefully they treat their “repeat” customers with an upgrade!

janetf
Too bad, we’ll miss you by about a week …

Hi,

We went to Breezes last year and had a great time, but we are booked for Paradise this year in March. Have you decided/traveled yet? Would be interested in a comparison.

Went to the Dorado Club a nuber of years ago and enjoyed it.Been to the Fun Royale 5 times and number 6 is coming up Feb.2 - 16.We will probably see you there.