Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

New Canadian Polymer $20 bills

Has anyone been recently enough to have tried exchanging these things at the hotels, cadecas or banks? Any problems?

Theresa

Good point theresa

I am going to sock away a bunch of old $ 20’s to take down.
Just in case !

[quote=@theresaandbrad]Has anyone been recently enough to have tried exchanging these things at the hotels, cadecas or banks? Any problems?

Theresa[/quote]

just got back from Playa Pesquero last week and no isues with the new Polymer bills at the Hotels cadeca. Non-issue

We were in Varadero about a month ago , had no problem changing the new 50’s or 100’s so I don’t think there should be with the 20’s, as long as any bills are in good shape.

We used the new 50s in March, no problem in Cayo Largo. Didn’t have the “Twin Towers” twenties then but can’t imagine Cubans not being on track for them too.

I mainly use the ATM, at the bank, and I was there the other day and it’s back to spitting out the old $20’s. Could it be due to all the issues they’ve had with them at various venues where the new ones are being rejected by ticket machines ??? (I won’t get into my opinion why that happened :-X)
As for using them in Cuba, I doubt it will be an issue as there was none with the $100’s and $50’s.

As always planned, they are slowly introducing the new 20’s. The old ones are not yet being pulled from circulation.

I heard the Braille dots were sticking the new $20s together like micro-LEGOs.
ATMs were spitting out more than you asked for.

[quote=@spunky]I heard the Braille dots were sticking the new $20s together like micro-LEGOs.
ATMs were spitting out more than you asked for.[/quote]
Oooh! Gotta go use an ATM! :wink:

We were in Havana this past week and went to the main cadeca in Old Havana. The tellar did seem a little confused by the new $20, but after a few back and forth conversations with other back personnel, they changed the few $20 I had.

Thanks for the updates folks! We had no trouble with the new $50’s we took back in March either, but it’s always better to hear from others on something like this then find out when you’re there :wink: Thanks!
Theresa