Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

New Packing list

Hello Everyone

I need your help

I want to put together a packing list.

This list will include things that you should not go without and things that might be handy to have while on vacation.

I know there is a packing list on the main Debbie’s page but In my opinion it is not detailed enough.

Once I have all of your suggestions I will make it all pretty I will give it to the Admins to post if they wish.

Please give any suggestions no matter how weird you think they are. ( keep it clean this is a family show ;D )

Thank you for your help

OKay I guess I will start it

Ziplock bags (I always take 12 large ones)
Pringles (after you eat them the kids can bring home shells in the empty container)
all meds
suntan lotion
after sun lotion
sewing kit
first aid kit
things to keep kids busy on the plane
munchies for kids on plane
extra money for people that work on resort
then the usual…clothes, swim suit…
oh and don’t forget to pack a good attitude…a vacation is what you make of it!! ::slight_smile:

My ‘don’t even think about leaving home with it’ list includes (aside from the obvious like clothing & swimwear):

waterproof, sweatproof sunblock
spray-on SPF 30 for your part/hairline/head (though a hat would probably work better :wink: )
small first aid kit
Tylenol/aspirin
Purell

Also handy to have:

Bug repellant (Off makes an unscented lotion that’s pretty good)
Duct tape in case of ripped/damaged luggage
Sewing kit
M&M meats card! (or any card with a magnetic strip to keep your a/c on while you’re out of the room)
A few extra hangers - there’s never enough in the closet

There’s more, but I’m going to lunch now :slight_smile:

thermal mug or two

Didn’t Cat have a super duper all inclusive “things to pack for your all inclusive vacation” list … maybe last winter?

I allways take one of those mesh type laundry hampers that colapses into a small ring. It helps keep the diry clothes seperate from the clean (cleaner) ones and I usually leave it behind for the maid. They are cheap from Wall Mart type stores.
Greg

I’ve never heard of using some other card to keep the ac running. Does this really work?

One very important item you MUST take with you if there is room in your suitcase, me. ;D

Gregg - I think that the collapsable laundry hamper is a great idea. I need to add that to my list.

goldentee2005 - I have created one at home to give to my family when we all travel to PC in June. PM me with an email address and I will send it to you (right after I add ziploc bags and the laundry hamper thing).

Greggy - we have the fold-up hamper too! It’s great - the mesh lets the air get at your clothes so they don’t get/stay all damp and musty. Love that thing - think I paid 2 bucks for it at Price Chopper, and I just saw them the other day in A & P for 3 bucks.

Our newest addition to the list is the Tide Stain Remover pen…ever get a little spot of ketchup or whatever on a t-shirt that you’ve only worn for 30 minutes at breakfast? We ALWAYS seem to mucky ourelves up in no time, so this little pen is going to come in REAL handy. It’s just a tiny little pen-type stick that you rub on your clothes and the stain just vanishes - so neat! We tried it last night and it worked wonders. It was only 3 bucks at Wal-Mart. Very cool! I’m betting it would be handy for those traveling with children…or my husband, lol :slight_smile:

lovesthesun,
do you think you could e-mail me a list as well?? This is our 4th trip south, but we are going with 12 others, some of whom are new at this and a list would be so handy to give them!

Everyone thanks so far.

Keep them coming.

If anybody has a list that they want to send me my email is no longer hidden.

This is going to be fun to put together.

Hi Goldentee,

Here is mine a little long but I am a high maintenance woman and proud of it! LOL!

PACKING LIST

CLOTHES:

BLUE B.SUIT, PAREO, SCRUNCHI & BLUE HAT
RED FLORAL B.SUIT, PAREO, SCRUNCHI & RED HAT
LEOPARD B.SUIT, PAREO, SCRUNCHI & BLACK HAT
BRONZE B.SUIT, PAREO, SCRUNCHI
WHITE SHIRT & SCRUNCHI
YELLOW 4PC SET & SCRUNCHI
WHITE HALTER TOP
WHITE SHORTS
BLACK AND WHITE CRINKLE DRESS, BRA, PANTIES& SCRUNCHI
PINK AND WHITE CRINKLE DRESS, BRA, PANTIES & SCRUNCHI
ORANGE TERRY DRESS AND SCRUCHI
NIGHT GOWN & ROBE
BLACK SEQUIN FLIP FLOPS
BLACK MACREME PURSE
EXTRA WATCH STRAPS
DANGLE EARRINGS

TOILETRIES:

TOOTHBRUSH & PASTE
FLOSS & MOUTHWASH
EYE DROPS & SALVE
Q-TIPS
3 FIRST AID KITS
FACIAL FLEX
FACIAL CREAMS
BODY BUTTER
SCRUB CLOTH & DRY TOWEL
POWDER PUFF
RAZOR
CANDLES
AIR FRESHENER
SEWING KIT
CD SPEAKERS

HAIR KIT/ACCESSORIES
SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER
DETANGLER & HAIRSPRAY
BRUSH & WIDE TOOTH COMB
RAG ROLLERS
CLICK STICK & FAKE HAIR
THIN BLACK ELASTICS
SCRUNCHIES

SNORKLE GEAR/BEACH BAG

SNORKLE, MASK, TUBE & FINS
DE FOG
FISH CARDS AND BOOKS
SUNTAN BLOCKS 45 & 30
ALOE VERA
BUG SPRAY
BINOCULARS
ROUND FLOAT
FIRST AID KIT
EAR PLUGS
EAR DROPS
AFTERBITE
FLOWER DRINK MUG
BODY SPRAY
WIDE TOOTH COMB
HAIR DETANGLER

LEOPARD CARRYON BAG

WIDE TOOTH COMB
SOCKS
CD PLAYER
ORANGE FLIP FLOPS
CIGARETTES
MOVIE EARPHONES
SMALL FIRST AID KIT
SMOKELESS PACK
UNDERWATER CAMERAS
FIILM
MINTS
SPRAY MIST
HAND LOTION
YATZHEE
JEWELRY

SWIRL CARRY ON

BERGERS
GIFTS
PINK SHAWL
JOURNAL & PEN & PENCIL

TRAVELON MICRO BAG

DIGITAL CAMERA
CIGARETTES
CASH
CREDIT CARDS
BLANK CHECK
PENS
KLEENEX

WEAR TO THE AIRPORT

PINK/ORANGE JOG SET
BRA W. CLEAR STRAPS
ORANGE / FANCY SHELF BRA TOP
PINK CHENNILE SHAWL
ORANGE SNEAKERS
TICKETS
MONEY BELT
PASSPORT/ TIKCET HOLDER

Wow baltobabe, that’s quite a list. The only thing I can add is a small bottle (sample size) of liquid laundry detergent. I like to rinse out the 5 bathing suits I take.

And yes, the credit card/gift card/membership card does work. Any card with a magnetic strip. Last time I took a Sears gift card that had no money left on it. Perfect.

Since I live here, I don’t travel any more - but one neat trick I have learned is that dryer sheets work really well in drawers and closets to eliminate the musty smell that happens close to the ocean.

Well. . . here it is again! The infamous Cat’s packing list! I did a search again and the list is still there. One of these days I suppose it will be gone, but for those who haven’t yet seen it. . .check out this link! It’s listed under “Have I forgotten anything”.
http://debsdrtravels.proboards47.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1107613058&page=1
I know it’s a bit excessive, but everyone sure added a lot of suggestions that are really useful. I know I will be referring to it for our trip this Feb.

Cat

This is really weird. . .How did the “Have I forgotten anything” post get to the top of the list when no one has posted on it since June 6? I thought I was seeing things!

Cat

The magic of the internet. It bumped it so it remains active and doesnt get deleted when it becomes over a year old.
Cat I am sure I sent you a pm about doing this.

Thanks!
Got your pm Wud at 11:48. . . just after my post!

Cat

For those of us with glasses-a spare pair! Also take some of the pre-moistened towelletes to stash in my carry-on, purse, beach bag. Never know when they will come in handy. You can grab some when you visit the doctor (always some in the washroom) or buy a big box from Zellers/Wal-mart as they are really cheap. Keep some of these in the car as well.