Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

New Resort Blue Bay Cayo Coco

This is my first posting! Just joined today.
My husband and I are looking at getting away the week after Christmas. We have never done the Caribbean before.
Cuba seems to have good prices… but I have heard that you must go for at least a 4star.
There is a new resort called Blue Bay Cayo Coco which seems to be opening Dec. 16th, and is having an hotel opening special price. We were thinking of going Dec. 25 for 5 days - the price would be a total of $2250.
Any advice on staying at a resort the second week of its opening?
We just want clean, comfortable surroundings, nice food, nice people, not a lot of noise, interesting things to see and do nearby. Not into nightlife, sports.

:slight_smile: Welcome to the board! There have been many folks who “cash in” on great deals and book a new resort that has just opened. Many times they find that not everything is “up and running” and the vacationers are the ones who they use to work out some of the “glitches” that may occur when starting up a new resort.

You can book at 5 day trip? ???

Anyway, good luck in your search and have fun with your research! :-*

Thanks, you confirmed my suspicions. We know someone who stayed at a brand new resort, and things were “off”. Yes, there were a couple of 5 day AI’s on selloff.vacations. There were both SunWing.

The other thing is that Cayo Coco is pretty remote and you will have a bit of travel time to get to the main island to see any real Cuba, if that is something you are interested in. However, its a great place to veg out and relax, cayo coco that is, as Blue Bay is not open yet, so no reviews. There are day trips into the mainland, or ‘advanture’ trips on the island, so there are things to do, its just not the best place to go if you want to see the real Cuba.

I’m having a hard time understanding how a beach in Cayo Coco couldn’t be great. Every beach I’ve seen in Cayo Coco and Guillermo has been spectacular
Best beaches I’ve ever seen, but I haven’t been to this resort

My friends just returned from Oasis Playa Coco, which I believe is right next to Blue Bay. According to them, Blue Bay is nowhere near opening at the moment, so I would be guessing that if you had booked it you would end up at another resort…perhaps Oasis. My friend wrote “The Blue Bay next door is still fenced in and they won’t let us on the property. People that were on that side of the hotel said they saw moving vans bringing furniture into some of the rooms. It’s not as far along as the Barceló S.M.” Perhaps things will progress quickly and they will open on time, but somehow I doubt it. Es Cuba. :smiley: