Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

New to forum, need advice

I am a newbie to this forum, it looks like a great resource and you guys seem to have a fantastic sense of humour! I am booking for the first week of Feb to either Bahia or Catalonia and wondering if anyone could advise which would be the best for long beach walks to wear off reasonably good food and retire to a nice room. Wife and I are easy to please but like a little luxury once a year, such as now! Any comments greatly appreciated. I think a message that I sent a couple of days ago went to cyberspace, how long does it usually take for a thread to show on the forum?

Messages on this forum are instantaneous, that is the way it was built, you may also edit or delete your won posts and we have a built in spell checker.

Now for your question, I have been to both resorts, you can walk for miles in either direction from both of them.
Catalonia is the ole queen of Bavaro, one of the first built resorts, but she is a beauty, excellent ground, nice beach, excellent food and amenities.
Bahia (4 resorts) is a bit more modern and upscale but very large and has a complicated arrangement for bars and restaurants with their Pueblo Principe. Good food, no complaints but if you like to party late then only the disco after 11 pm.

Oh by the way Welcome, you will find many very informative people here

[quote=@hlywud]Messages on this forum are instantaneous, that is the way it was built, you may also edit or delete your won posts and we have a built in spell checker.

[/b][/quote]

You can edit your won posts…darn, your spell checker on strike WUD lol sorry, bud, couldnt resist :slight_smile:

Thanks for the pm, well as we have never been before we don’t know what to expect.

If your looking for nice long walks, the beach at the Bahia would suit you better…the Catalonia is a nice resort, fairly secluded, but the beach is nowhere near as nice as the Bahia area. My opinion of course.