Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

New Videos - this time from our BCV trip

I’m a little slowin posting but we went to the Blau Costa Verde (again) in May and had a wonderful time. A little later then we would have preferred but the weather turned out great and so was the resort. A nice reminder as to why we enjoyed the Blau.

I did take a few pictures/ videos if anyone is interested.

A short one of the current contstruction

And a longer one of the resort.

Of the few Water Ballet’s we watched this is the first time I was able to put together a watch able version

And this last one, “Cuban Critters” I did just for fun.

enjoy

[quote=@mrjarart]A short one of the current contstruction
http://youtu.be/mkV68NFJQIo [/quote]
Wow - that looks like a lot of construction! I was there only once, in 2009, and I’m having trouble picturing where that new stuff is going. I’d think to the right, as you face the main entrance? But the beach gets very rocky that way…

Great videos, are you available to follow us around on our next vacation ;D! We stayed at the PCV a couple of years ago and wondered what the BCV was like. We enjoyed the snorkeling on the shared beach. Thanks for sharing.

Hi trent,
Yep it’s a lot of construction and will more than double the size of the Blau. It is to the right, and also behind the dive shop and beach restaurant. As to the beach, if you keep walking past the dive shop and follow a path along the shore (kinda) you’ll get to a small beach. It’s a bit rocky now but they are planning on reclaiming the beach as they are aware the current one wouldn’t be large enough. Their current thinking is that the newer part of the resort will cater more to the party and family crowd and try and leave the feel of the older section as is (or as much as possible).

Thanks valleyguy,
Hey if it gets me a free trip to Cuba lets talk :slight_smile: Thanks for your comments. As to the PCV we’ll be retuning there at the end of Oct so stay tuned, I’ll have new videos up shortly after.

[quote=@mrjarart]Hi trent,
As to the beach, if you keep walking past the dive shop and follow a path along the shore (kinda) you’ll get to a small beach. It’s a bit rocky now but they are planning on reclaiming the beach as they are aware the current one wouldn’t be large enough.[/quote]
I was reliably told by one of the sailors that the beach in question is the “love” beach! :wink: