As anyone ever celebrated new years eve in Puerto Plata at the Lifestyle resort? And if yes could you please send some details on the activities. Thanks…
We’ve spent the last three years celebrating Xmas & New Years in the DR. Not specifically the Lifestyle resort…Allegro PD, Gran Ventana & Sosua Bay. We loved all of them and the activities were very similar.
The Dominican people are wonderful hosts and made sure our resort stays were memorable.
- tastefully decorated lobby with a very nice Xmas tree
- gala new years eve dinner & cocktails
- usually a 3 piece live band (at the least a piano player)
- lots of dancing on stage for the countdown
- fireworks at midnight
- most guests were dressed in their finery, but not all, some wore their casual attire. Most importantly, all appeared to have a wonderful stress-free holiday.
Sosua - we spent Christmas & New Years Eve 2004 at the Gran Ventana which is in the Playa Dorada Complex. We had a FAB time and missed it so much last year, we are returning Dec. 21/06 until Jan. 4/07…
If you want, check out our webshots photo albums (address below signature line). There are photos of the festivities at the Gran Ventana.
Lifestyle Resorts is in Cofresi which is further out of Puerto Plata - next to Ocean World. Not sure what they do there… but, better to have sand than snow, piña colada instead of egg nog…