Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

No flight time posted anymore?

Well thats just great, for months my flight time from Ottawa to Punta Cana on January 10/09 was posted for 6am departure. And today I noticed our flight with Westjet now has no time posted… I really hope it hasn’t changed much, I love leaving early in the morning… ???

[quote=@luvtheheat]
Well thats just great, for months my flight time from Ottawa to Punta Cana on January 10/09 was posted for 6am departure. And today I noticed our flight with Westjet now has no time posted… I really hope it hasn’t changed much, I love leaving early in the morning… ??? [/quote]

My flight for Jan 9th, from TO to PC has changed twice in the last week…we went from 6:10 am to 4:15pm, now to 2:45pm and our TA says it could change again…

He said due to low volumes, airlines are sharing planes to fill them up…

luvtheheat - Which tour operator are you booked with?

We are booked with Nolitours on January 10-17 to Punta Cana, flying WestJet at 6:00 am.

We with Transat Holidays, suppose to be leaving at 6am. But now there is no flight time.

The online sites stop posting when either the hotel or the flight (usually the flight) gets sold out. After that, the time is unlikely to change. Not impossible, but very unlikely.

Our flight time with Air Transat for january 4 has changed 3 times.
We started at 6:30, then 7:30 now 10:45 >:( What a waste of a night when we get there :frowning:
I prefer to leave early.

luvtheheat

I checked a couple of websites and then are still showing Air Transat Vacations leaving Ottawa at 6:00 am. Take another look - sometimes there is an “Option” to choose from for flights.

The first Option has no flight times, the second Option will show the 6:00 a.m.

We are with Nolitours, owned by Air Transat, and will be flying WestJet - I believe we will be on the same flight…

JudyM, I am now excited again checked today and it’s back to 6am, and yes I believe we are on the same flight. I think I asked you this before, but which resort is it that your going to. I will have to get a discription of you before we leave so I can look out for you at the airport. Happy again… :sunglasses:

We are staying at the EdenH. Can’t wait to meet PCMike. He has been so very helpful with my sister, as her daughter is getting married there.

We will be a group of 7 out of Ottawa - the rest are coming from Toronto.

I will be with my husband, cousin, best friend, my son and daughter-in-law, as well as my beautiful granddaughter, Gracie. She will be 9 months old by then.

Just look for the most beautiful blue-eyed, auburn-coloured hair baby in the entire airport!

Hi JudyM, sounds like a great trip, PCmike was guest manager at the Majestic a couple years ago when we were there, nice fellow. Iwill look for you and say hi…P.S. It’s a good thing I’m not bringing my granddaughter with us, she will be 2 at the end of December. There might of been a battle as to who’s was cutest…lol…have a great trip if I don’t find you…Joann

I can’t even find anything on Skycircus… ooops, I meant Skyservice…
btw… can anyone tell me how you get those cool logos on your space… like the palm trees, and countdown… etc ??? Thanks

[quote=@bira]I can’t even find anything on Skycircus… ooops, I meant Skyservice…
btw… can anyone tell me how you get those cool logos on your space… like the palm trees, and countdown… etc ??? Thanks[/quote]
At the moment, the only useful time feature on the Skyservice website is the arrivals and departures section. That gives information for flights departing in the next 24 hours which is handy for confirming that your flight is on-time. The on-line booking section doesn’t appear to be setup.
As for the cool logos, you can set up your avatar in your profile, under the Modify Profile section. You can also go to one of the many countdown code generation sites (tickerfactory or caribbeanmag seem to be popular ones with our posters) and ‘build’ your timer. When you have created yours, the site will give you a selection of code text strings. Cut and paste the bbCode into your signature, again in the modify profile. If you have any problems, PM me.