Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Oasis Canoa - Consejos e Excursiones

Our ProBoard agreement says that all posts must be in English. I’ve tried to translate the post into English and hope I was reasonably accurate.

bfc

Hola!

Despite some opinions that the Hotel Oasis Canoa is not the best (in relation to rooms), I decided to take the risk and already booked for the July Travelplan. I chose Travelplan because it is the only player I know that one of the children is completely free (just pay fees). Hotel for 2 adults and two children (4 and 9 years) with a flight out of Madrid, the price was 2602 €!

My expectations are not very large and I hope that I don’t regret it!

Some questions:

1- About the hotel? Is the space large? It’s nice?

2 - Is the beach just sand or small stones?

3 - What excursions are offered from this hotel. Which places can be visited?

4 - Must we buy the excursions through our tour operator, or is there another way?

Thanks!

[quote=@jatg]Our ProBoard agreement says that all posts must be in English. I’ve tried to translate the post into English and hope I was reasonably accurate.

bfc

Hola!

Despite some opinions that the Hotel Oasis Canoa is not the best (in relation to rooms), I decided to take the risk and already booked for the July Travelplan. I chose Travelplan because it is the only player I know that one of the children is completely free (just pay fees). Hotel for 2 adults and two children (4 and 9 years) with a flight out of Madrid, the price was 2602 €!

My expectations are not very large and I hope that I don’t regret it!

Some questions:

1- About the hotel? Is the space large? It’s nice? nice size hotel not to large not to small, rooms are a good size and clean just a bit dated but some rooms where redone when i was there a year ago,maybe ask for one of those

2 - Is the beach just sand or small stones? beautiful beach, nice fine sand, ocean is calm and clean

3 - What excursions are offered from this hotel. Which places can be visited? dominicus is like a 5 min drive, they have a shuttle bus, great little town, bayahibe is 15 min drive have to take cab, excursions there is lot try to find link

4 - Must we buy the excursions through our tour operator, or is there another way? never seen any third party sellers

Thanks![/quote]

you will enjoy this resort I did and would return

Jatg

We got one of the old rooms when we were there a year ago. Definitely try to get a renovated room if you can because the room was our biggest disappointment

We were also there a year ago and were in the older rooms however in no way, shape or form will this ruin your vacation. The beach was wonderful. We booked our tour (Saona Island) through the tour operator, the price was pretty reasonable. Like indicated above, take the free bus ride to Dominicus to do a little shopping. Las Palmeras has very nice jewellery and the lady selling was very nice. Go and Enjoy, you won’t regret your choice.

Thanks for the answer!

Now, what worries me most is that I have read on the Internet, that the beach has some litle rocks on the entrance to the sea.
The stones will be very bad for feet?
These stones will be easy to move and take a bath with the “feet in the sand”?

I ask this because of the children.

Thank you!

i never noticed anything major,

the odd coral rock here and there,

was not a issue at all…

entrance to ocean and beach are awesome,

very calm there also

We did walk from IHD on the beach by Coral Canoa: the beach is very nice, if you are looking for stones you will find, but if not is a very sandy beach …The corals might be only in one end of the beach. So don’t worry. And if you don’t mind walking on the beach you go West after IHD and vendors (you can see a lots of cars parked there) you turn North and is a road, taking you to the Dominicus market area.I would say 15 minutes walk.

WE enjoyed the Canoa and would go back again. The grounds are not too big, no more than 5 - 7 Min’s from the beach to the front. We had a small problem the first evening there with our room, not enough to move that night, however, we were moved by noon the next day. The beach is a nice sand beach, we walked the beach to Domincus and took a cab back. They have the same basic excursions as everywhere else, didn’t see any second party selling them. One of the nice things they have there is a sort of pub with, darts, pool, ping pong and football machine. Bottom line, food was good, all bars are good, pool is nice. Time share people are a bit of a pest.