Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Oasis playa coco

Just wondering about the size of the resort and much walking to get to restaurant, beach etc. My mom will be coming with us and she finds it hard to walk great distances.
Thanks

Hi Dusty,

The resort is 307 rooms, not too large. Everything is in good proximity, but you might want to request Block #2, as it is closest to the lobby, restaurants and the main pool. However, if you’d like to see the layout for yourself, you can review this weblink of the resort:

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1134105244035014968piHRYn

Hope it helps.

Jennifer. :slight_smile:

thanks for the map location.

I noticed that this hotel is great for people who have trouble getting around. There were ramps and steps to get into most areas including the pool area.

For anyone that has been here, I’m just wondering if there is enough shade at this resort. Lots of pictures online show a very barren lanscape and I’m worried that there is no shade.

Also, what where some of the things you like the most and least about this resort.

We are considering it for a group of people 7 adults and 4 kids (10,9,4 and 2.5). Can anyone make any comments about the kids club, daytime entertainment (activities) and evening shows? Also, for a disco, is there one on site, or would you venture to another resort?

Thanks

Hi ewka, I stayed at this resort back in 2005 and at that time it hadn’t been opened very long and you are right it is quite barren and from what I see it hasn’t changed that much. I went with two girlfriends and we enjoyed ourselves as this was our first trip to CUBA but I must say after having been to other Cuban resorts, I now feel it was just OK. They do have a kids section but can’t comment on the kids club as this wasn’t a requirement for us as we didn’t bring the kids. Entertainment from what I can remember was OK. We seemed to spend allot of time at the lobby bar. The bartenders were awesome as were all the resort workers. They did have a disco but we only went there once but had a good time all the same.

The food in my opinion was quite good but then again, I’m not a fussy eater but we had no complaints. It was actually my birthday while we were there and the restaurant gave me a cake to which I share with the other patrons at the time. It was a memorable B’day.

The thing I liked least about the resort was the fact that it was so barren and just not lush like my first ever trip to the carribean in which we went to the DR.

Any questions, ask away.

[quote]For anyone that has been here, I’m just wondering if there is enough shade at this resort. Lots of pictures online show a very barren lanscape and I’m worried that there is no shade.

Also, what where some of the things you like the most and least about this resort.

We are considering it for a group of people 7 adults and 4 kids (10,9,4 and 2.5). Can anyone make any comments about the kids club, daytime entertainment (activities) and evening shows? Also, for a disco, is there one on site, or would you venture to another resort?

Thanks [/quote]

Skip down the beach a bit to the Melia Cayo Guillermo, great for kids, wicked food for kids and adults, great staff, and more shade than you will ever need. Hamocks all over the place in the shade.

Well worth the few extra $$$ ;D

[quote=@jethro][quote]For anyone that has been here, I’m just wondering if there is enough shade at this resort. Lots of pictures online show a very barren lanscape and I’m worried that there is no shade.

Thanks [/quote]

Skip down the beach a bit to the Melia Cayo Guillermo, great for kids, wicked food for kids and adults, great staff, and more shade than you will ever need. Hamocks all over the place in the shade.

Well worth the few extra $$$ ;D[/quote]

Thanks Jethro, but is way more then a few extra $$$ :stuck_out_tongue:

Just checked and MCG would be $1834 more for a week for 4 people. Thanks but no thanks, rather do an extra trip to cuba in the spring.

BTW, MCG is great, we were there last month and would love to take the kids, but it ain’t happening for the price difference.

See that’s the difference between travel from TO or travel from NS.
Very minimal difference from the east coast.
I seen the other day smoking deals for people in TO and Montreal compared to the east coast. Almost half price to go out of Toronto than out of Halifax… :o

Yeah, jethro, I see your point. I guess the benefit of paying more for a cheap trip is you can upgrade for a ‘better’ hotel for less.

To bad you don’t get the same lower prices, wonder why, as I’m sure there would be demand and it can’t be that much longer a flight.