Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Occidental allegro playa dorada

Could anybody tell me if they know if the occidental is closing in the month of may for renovations?

We are booked there and there are stories going around that tell us that they are closing. Air Transat is not aware of this and are still booking trips for June and so on. My travel agent was not aware either.

Please help me because we are 10 of us going at the end of April and I would like to do something before it is too late.

Any information would be appreciated. i would also like a contact email for this resort if you have one. Thanks

We had the same issue / concern when we booked with another hotel. It closed before we were to arrive so they changed us to the Allegro.

Our TA was not aware of the change for a bit and all changes were done, I believe, by the tour company themselves.

We didn’t have to do anything…

Hope this aleviates some stress but I’m sure someone else will have useful information for you.

cheers

We have just returned from our stay here and were told by a staff member from client services ( we are members of the vacation club ) that they are closing in May for a refit and should reopen in September as a 4 star

We have the following email address which you could try .

Gservicepdh@do.occidentialhotels.com

Our daughter was booked to go to the Villas Doradas in the May that it closed we were there in the Feb and there was a lot of talk about it closing for a refit from the guests but the staff wouldn’t comment on it she only heard officilally a few weeks before she was due to go they had transferred her booking to another hotel where she didn’t want to stay so she cancelled the booking without having to loose her deposit and rebooked on a last minute deal to the Flamenco for less money !!

Hi, I have noticed that there are a number of threads on this issue on TA, one person actually posted an email from the resort itself that states it will be closed from the first of May until October…might be worth checking those boards.

I also got an e-mail this afternoon confirming that Allegro will be closed from May 1st until October 31st.

I just sent you a email for more info.

Thanks

Diana