Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Ocean Blue vs. Majestic Colonial

For those of you who have been to both Ocean Blue & Sand and the Majestic Colonial, which would you recommend?

We’re planning to go in May for a quiet, relaxing trip without the kids (though I don’t really mind other people’s kids, just need a break from mine…lol). Our priorities are excellent food and drinks and free water sports, good price, and fairly quiet (the only other all inclusive went to had just finished being remodeled the day we showed up, so we spent most of the week with 20 other people… that was awesome!).

Anyway, we would do either a regular room at Ocean Blue (not Privilege) or a Colonial Club room at Majestic Colonial. MC is about $350 more than Ocean Blue.

Thanks in advance!

Buttercups0147

P.S. - Anything similar to the Mike’s Coffee at MC?

[quote=@buttercups0147]For those of you who have been to both Ocean Blue & Sand and the Majestic Colonial, which would you recommend?

We’re planning to go in May for a quiet, relaxing trip without the kids (though I don’t really mind other people’s kids, just need a break from mine…lol). Our priorities are excellent food and drinks and free water sports, good price, and fairly quiet (the only other all inclusive went to had just finished being remodeled the day we showed up, so we spent most of the week with 20 other people… that was awesome!).

Anyway, we would do either a regular room at Ocean Blue (not Privilege) or a Colonial Club room at Majestic Colonial. MC is about $350 more than Ocean Blue.

Thanks in advance!

Buttercups0147

P.S. - Anything similar to the Mike’s Coffee at MC?
[/quote][p]
Never stayed at Ocean Blue but this linc is to pictures this month at Majestic Colonial[/p][p]
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/380535/index.html[/p]

Never been to Majestic Colonial, but have been going to Ocean Blue and Sand for about 9 years now and wouldn’t trade it for any other resort we have stayed in the Dominican Republic! Nice size, great food and the staff are second to none! Beach area is beautiful, even though the weather has caused some erosion in recent years. Still a big, wide expanse of beach and you can walk for miles. Recently renovated rooms and the lobby is all new! Don’t hesitate to go there!

I have been to both and have to say that you would not be disappointed with either one. We had the best time at the Ocean Blue. There is a Mike’s coffee there. Great entertainment, great staff, great food. It seemed that the beach area had eroded quite a bit since I’ve last stayed there. MC in my opinion is more sedate. Both have beautiful grounds.

We last stayed at Iberostar Dominicana. This is another resort for your consideration.

I would rate them as follows:

1. Iberostar Dominicana
  2. Ocean Blue
  3. Majestic

You will have a great time at any of these resorts.