Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Ocean World Compliments

My husband and I visited Ocean World on November 19, (late in posting this as the computer crashed) I would like to mention to the management what an exceptional experience we had. The staff are top notch, I work in tourism in Alberta and I know we would easily outrank other competitors if we had half of the talent you do working for you. All the displays were clean, well tended and easily viewed. We did the dolphin encounter and while I was looking forward to it it surpassed any notions I may have had. We managed to catch most of the different shows and were very impressed with all of them. While there we encountered a small glitch with our Mastercard and your staff in the photo area were excellent with helping us sort out the problem. After a full day there we left with not one negative part of the experience. My kids loved all the souvenirs we picked up. We are planning to take the kids there next November and I guarantee Ocean World will be the first tour we book.

Did you pre-book? How? I would love for my whole family to do an encounter. It sounds great! Do you get transportation from your hotel with the ticket or do you have to get your own?

You can pre-book on the Ocean World website www.oceanworld.net and then pay your Tour Rep at your resort at least 48 hours prior to the reservation (or the booking is automatically cancelled). In addition to whatever Encounter or Swim you book your day at Ocean World also includes:

• Round trip bus transfers (surcharges apply for some hotels)
  • Lunch Buffet (no drinks)
  • Snorkeling in Tropical Reef Aquarium (equipment included)
  • Swimming in Tiger Grotto (separated from tigers by a glass wall.)
  • Sea Lion Shows (twice per day)
  • Rainforest and Bird Exhibits
  • Observation of all Dolphin and Sea Lion Interactive Programs
  • Usage of Dolphin Beach (beach lounge chairs included)

There is no transportation surcharge for Playa Dorada, Costambar, Cofresi or Maimon. $5US per person surcharge for Sosua and Cabarete and $10US per person surcharge for Rio San Juan and Luperon.

Gregg

WoW, thanks for all the great info. This is our kids first trip other than Florida and they are really lookig forward to doing something such as this!

We just got back from Puerto Plata on Monday. The highlight of our week was definitely Ocean World!!

I too am a non-swimmer. Both my husband and I did the Dolphin Encounter. I believe we were able to interact more with the dolphins than those who did the Dolphin Swim.

We also got the personalized video, it was $60 US. I thought it would be just about our encounter but it is actually a 25 minute video about Ocean World. It shows all the displays and shows. Nice to watch and remember what it was like to be there. But tacked on the end was our ‘personalized’ video. The guy who did it was pressed into service as no one else was available. So my suggestion, if you go for this, would be to make sure the camera person has done this before. We got many minutes of us sitting on the platform.

That being said, we’d do it in a Dominican minute again!!

When we went to Victoria Resort last time, several people had been on this trip and the one’s who said it was best went in the morning, seemingly you get an hour or so LESS in the afternoon, now you know :wink: