Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Oh Where Oh Where to Go!

Ok…

Heres the scoop…I need a resort that is open in late November that has snorkelling right at the resort…I understand there is great snorkelling at La Romana but most of those resorts seem to be unavailable during the week the 27th of November…

So where can we find a resort that will enable us to snorkel, soak up the sun, and just generally allow us to chill…

I am not even sure I understand the difference between the North, South and East Coast…curious as to why there is no West…

Jag, my recommendation would be SUNScape Casa Del Mar in LaRomana. I have sent you a PM with some info on why I lovingly call it Casa Del Marvelous.

YOu can check at the bottom of my posts where I have links to webshots and photoshows and a blog I keep on my trips!

Hope you check them out and if you have any question please feel free to contact me.

all the best,
baltobabe/mt ;D

West coast would put you in Haiti. probably not the best spot to go.

Hmm snorkeling in Haiti definately not up on my must do …have you considered the RIU Taino. There is snorkeling right in front of the resort.

Well now don’t I feel Stupid…Of course I knew about the west coast being Haiti…Just wasn’t using my noodle…and I will check out the RIU Tainos…Sounds good…

Thanks for all your help

Try Natura Park in Punta Cana.
Just round the corner on the left side of the beach (facing the ocean) there are some pieces of coral.
Some tiny, some big starting at about 5 meters into the water.
A huge variety of fish, small and big.
I have been snorkeling there every day of my 17th days holiday for about 1.5 hours.
If you look really good you will find the ray’s under the sand, stone fishes and a lot more, so take your time and enjoy.
There is more then you think !!!

I was just about to suggest Natura Park too! Didn’t see any stonefish though - Thank god or I would have avoided the reef for the rest of my stay!

[quote author=jaq board=general thread=1150676955 post=1150676955]Ok…

Heres the scoop…I need a resort that is open in late November that has snorkelling right at the resort…I understand there is great snorkelling at La Romana but most of those resorts seem to be unavailable during the week the 27th of November…

[/quote]

Try booking through another tour operator.
Each operator can only sell a predetermined/prepurchased number of airline seats and hotel rooms. Once those run out, they’re done. But that doesn’t mean that another company doesn’t have seats and rooms available.
I can still book for those dates from the US … so I KNOW that there is availability … you just gotta find it.
Good luck!!

Gran Ventana in POP has snorkeling right at the resort. There is a large area of coral where the wonders below are clearly visable. You can even walk out into the water about 8 ft or so at this spot with some banana and hold it under the water, the fish swim right up to you and eat the banana as you crumble it. It’s awesome. My fisrt time doing this. Heard about it from other posters on this board.