Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

On-line Radio Station?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a radio station that’s on-line that can be picked up here in Ontario?
Not sure what I’m looking for; some kind of tourist info, weather station with a mix of music; something to get us into the vacation mode; english speaking DJ would be a bonus.
Thanks

Dan.

http://www.rubi925.com/

Welcome to the homepage of Rubi 92.5 fm, the home of the hottest radio station in the Caribbean, coming to you from the north coast of the Dominican Republic.

lots here but i like ruby myself http://radiostationworld.com/Locations/Dominican_Republic/radio_websites.asp

Hi DanD

http://www.bachataradio.com/livemusic.htm

Try this, many stations but all are Spanish DJ’s

Brian

Radio Cima, from santo Domingo

http://www.cima100fm.com/cima22.html

Tom

I know you said “on-line” but I thought I would just add that there is a radio station here in Ontario that plays merengue music on Sundays from either 1p or 2p - 4pm…we stumbled across it by accident. We’ve actually taped the music and play it all the time…especially leading up to our vacation!! :slight_smile:

oh nerak68 I’d love to find that one and do the same as I CRAVE the music before my trip (and always).

Try radiobatanga.com

It works in the states. It has options for lots of spanish/caribbean type music

Kevin :sunglasses:

nerak68, what station is it you get on Sundays?

There is also a station out of Toronto, I believe it is from U of T, CIUT 89.5 (ciut.fm) and on Saturdays from 10-11 they have a Spanish show called Clave and play all sorts of merengue, salsa, bachata etc.

or there is 88.9 CIRVFM so go to their website cirvfm.com and you’ll see their schedule for Spanish shows.

No I haven’t heard one yet, I just said I’d love to know what it is.

Thanks for the ideas and links everyone.
That Rubi site doesn’t seem to be working for me; I should say that the site formats and looks like it opens ok.
Then when I click the listen link, I get the control panel but no buffering, no loading and no sound. When I click the play button in the control box it seems to switch but after about a minute it seems to time out and switches back, as if I didn’t click the play?
I only know enough about computers to be dangerous; so if someone could spoon feed me as to what driver I need to run the site; I would be grateful.

Dan.

[quote=@dand]Thanks for the ideas and links everyone.
That Rubi site doesn’t seem to be working for me; I should say that the site formats and looks like it opens ok.
Then when I click the listen link, I get the control panel but no buffering, no loading and no sound. When I click the play button in the control box it seems to switch but after about a minute it seems to time out and switches back, as if I didn’t click the play?
I only know enough about computers to be dangerous; so if someone could spoon feed me as to what driver I need to run the site; I would grateful.

Dan.
[/quote]

I have the same results as Dan

Jimmy it wouldn’t work for me either!!

For me either.

I really like Tom’s site when the comercial’s come on I try to understand and practice mi Espagnol and the music is good too - it’s a warm up for the DR. :sunglasses:

thanks for sharing

[quote=@d3ratch]For me either.

I really like Tom’s site when the comercial’s come on I try to understand and practice mi Espagnol and the music is good too - it’s a warm up for the DR. :sunglasses:

thanks for sharing[/quote]

Aren’t the alcohol warnings on the Brugal and Presidente commercials a hoot? ;D ;D

“El consumo de alcohol perjudica la salud” (The consumption of alcohol affects your health) ::slight_smile:

Tom

It’s 88.3 that I listen to on Sundays. Now I’m in Woodstock (SW Ontario) so not sure where the radio station will come in? It’s weird, right after the merengue at 4:00pm, the station turns classical.

I checked the schedule for the CIRVFM that TZ mentioned and there is no DR music scheduled on Sunday afternoons. There is some but REALLY early in the morning…who’s up then?

I also tuned into the CIMA station on-line, works great. I did have the same problem with a couple of the other links, it came up but didn’t play anything, my guess is that maybe they don’t play 24-7 and you have to check certain times?

I love playing my tape, I can crank up the stereo and listen to the merengue while playing pool!

Let me know if you succeed in finding the radio station on Sunday!! :slight_smile:

My sister lives in Woodstock…maybe she should just record it for me!!! I’m going to try nonetheless.

I like the RadioCima Tom, thanks!

I thought that Rubi was off the air, I used to listen to them all the time.

I tuned in yesterday in my car at about 3:00pm; and to double-check it is 88.3 on the radio.

Is that what it’s called “Rubi”…I have yet to catch what the show is called. It’s awesome. Yes, sunseeker6, get your sister to tape it…let me know if you get it.

[quote=@sunseeker6]My sister lives in Woodstock…maybe she should just record it for me!!! I’m going to try nonetheless.

I like the RadioCima Tom, thanks![/quote]

De nada, amiga… :sunglasses:

Tom