Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

One Judge for all of Punta Cana?

I have heard this over and over again that there is only one Judge in all of Punta Cana that can marry you so that is the reason it is so busy and you might not get the date and time you want.

I have been looking at pictures here on Debbies and other places and actually saw two on the beach in April almost side by side and all have differant people doing the ceremony…what is up with this? Is it true there is only one Judge and if so why don’t I see the same man that did my wedding that I see in other pics or the weddings I witnessed on the beach???

Are all these weddings real???

It could be that the ones in the photos are not actual Judges/Justice of the Peace. These may just be “symbolic” weddings and not “legal”. I don’t know when you got married, but if you provided all the translated docs and have gotten all your paper work and everything, I’m sure you can be confident of the legality of it. I have heard that there are only 2 on the Island. My son and fiance are getting married next January and we had to take the only time and date during the week we want to be there because of availability of Judge. I actually tried to talk them into getting married here at home at city hall and just doing the “symbolic ceremony” there so we could feel more at ease, but nothing doing! lol

Yes, we had all our paper work translated etc and it was a Cival Marriage not a symbolic but every picture you see it is someone differant marrying the couple…I just find this strange when they say there is only one Judge for all of Punta Cana…We have received our marriage certificate from the Dominican Republic so I know it was all legal and everything…

I agree with your son and daughter-in-law to be about getting married here first…it just would not be the same, I have never agreed about these symbolic weddings, why put on the show if it is not the real deal…just my two cents…

What resort have they picked to be married at…

They are getting married at The Ocean Sand. We’ve been there a number of times before and although they would have liked to try somewhere new, the price was reasonable, which meant more guests are able to attend. We love the place!
A Question: Did you use the photographer at your resort or have one from outside come in?

My friend that travelled with us does photography so she did all my pictures…