Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Our new Look

My tablets love the new look but my laptop and desktop don’t.
Not as bad as TA’s changes but Arial font looks like a typewriter when we reply.

Havent looked at this on a tablet, but on the desktop I dont like it.

Not sure why the change was done? Was it to make it more compatiable on mobile sets or?

My favorite saying is, “if it a’int broke, don’t fix it”

Last time this site whent through some big changes, it was never the same again.

There is a similar thread under “off topic”. It would be nice to amalgamate the posts under one thread.

I actually don’t mind the new look. It looks alright on my desktop, better than TA, in fact.

A couple of things I miss, though:

1. On the old version, it would tell me that I had messages, and how many were new, right on the main page.
  2. I used to be able to stay signed in, even when I shut down my computer, when I came back I would be signed in.

I can stay signed in but had to replace the old favourite with a new one.

[quote=@cubajack]I actually don’t mind the new look. It looks alright on my desktop, better than TA, in fact.

1. On the old version, it would tell me that I had messages, and how many were new, right on the main page.
    [/quote]

It still does, cubajack. If you look at the top of the page, under Debbie’s Caribbean Resort Reviews Forums there are various items including messages. When you get new messages, it will show there and the number.

[quote=@steffiej][quote=@cubajack]I actually don’t mind the new look. It looks alright on my desktop, better than TA, in fact.

[/quote]It still does, cubajack. If you look at the top of the page, under Debbie’s Caribbean Resort Reviews Forums there are various items including messages. When you get new messages, it will show there and the number.[/quote]

It used to say something like "Welcome CubaJack. You have 25 messages. 0 are new."
I don’t see that now. Is that because I haven’t got any messages since the change, or does it just show if there are new messages now?

Regards,
Jack

p.s. It looks like the attachment, below:

It’s not working for me. If I close my browser, and then come back here, it still says "Welcome Guest, with the link to log in beside that. Is there somewhere that I can select an option such as “Keep me signed in”?

Regards,
Jack

Here’s what I see when I start up a new session:
[attachment id=“49” thumbnail=“1”]

Hey Jack, Sent you a PM. Did it pop up?

Yes, it did. I guess it only shows when there are new messages. More like how TA works now.

I think the attachment feature is pretty cool. Not sure if that was there before, but it makes it easier to show someone something. Like how the message notification looks, or, say if someone was asking about a hurricane or tropical storm and I wanted to show what the predicted track is.

A couple of examples:
[attachment id=“50” thumbnail=“1”][attachment id=“51” thumbnail=“1”]

Oh oh. I can almost see my house. Gonna be wet in Halifax and … Capers 'n Townies beware!

Anyone know where the spellcheck option went when posting replies?

I use the one in my browser.

Ditto! :slight_smile: