Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Panama info

For those interested in Panama Bob Adams has a really informative website [a href=“http://retirementwave.com”]Retirement wave[/a] I attended his Xmas party at his Panama City apartment in 2008, he is a well informed person on the happenings in Panama and a nice man.

[attachment id=“151” thumbnail=“1”] 

I met a quite few Canadians while I was traveling in Panama. Lots of them loved that they were able to retire in Panama and enjoy warm whether. How long did you stay in [a href=“http://www.panama-city.ca”]Panama city[/a] and have you ever thought about retiring in Panama?

I was in Panama for 3 or 4 days to attend Bob’s Xmas party & check out the canal, staying in a Spanish school hostel before taking the bus back down to David where I caught a local chicken bus to Boquette to check it out as a retirement option.

Actually Panama was the top of my list when I left on my trip, still was after meeting the interesting & helpful people at Bob’s.

However after my subsequent 2 months in Antigua Guatemala then my experiences on my RTW it became apparent that I wasn’t suited to the ‘gated community’ lifestyle so pretty much decided on Antigua. Then when the time came to make a decision I found property prices Antigua to be higher than my budget, then on a second visit to a hostel in El Salvador I made a chance remark that I could live here. The rest is history. :sunglasses:

That said for those who want to escape the high cost & horrid weather of Canadian living but still live similar lives to what they have in Canada, Panama would be a good choice and the country does offer lots of incentives to retirees.

Another great thing about Central American retirement is that you can drive here from Canada/US! P-)

That would be definitely long ride and most probably someone would spend so much on gas that it is much easier to buy air ticket to Panama. Interesting story you have and the way you finished in El Salvador. Yes Panama is definitely for people that like similar lives of US and Canada but wanna have nice weather and infrastructure etc
thanks for sharing!

[quote=@admin]That would be definitely long ride and most probably someone would spend so much on gas that it is much easier to buy air ticket to Panama.[/quote]True but there are times when “It’s the journey, not the destination that matters” not sure who first wrote that but it sure applies to a road trip from Canada to Central America.

You can read about my 10,000km, 30 day, 5 country [a href=“http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7/ontario-in-the-rearview.html”]Road Trip[/a] from Peterborough ON to Playa San Diego.

Your blog and Road Trip was interesting read. Did you write it as you were traveling or you remembered everything and you wrote after your trip?

[quote=@admin]Your blog and Road Trip was interesting read. Did you write it as you were traveling or you remembered everything and you wrote after your trip?[/quote]I always travelled with my netbook and write as I go, uploading when I find free WiFi.

That said if I should ever return to Canada, I will [font face=“impact”]NOT [font color=“0f0e0e”][font size=“2”][font face=“arial”]bring the netbook so that CBSA can not illegally snoop through my personal business[/font][/font][/font][/font]! (:)) (puke)