Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Paradisus rio de oro after hurricane?

I’m very interested in knowing if anyone has been to the Paradisus Rio De Oro ( Holguin ) this winter?? we visit there every 2 years and are returning this November and we wonder if there is any thing damage wise to the resort. I’m hoping our piece of paradise is doing well . thanx in advance!!

Its just as good as ever all the A la Carte have been refurbish and they look great only seen photos as we do not go again until June only thing is they lost some trees so it thinned out so you can see the sea from the bungalows now. Loads of trip reports if search all very positive.

thanx snowy! I’ll be dying for your return in June. We absolutely love it here and love how private and secluded we feel. I’ve been wondering if the spa took a hit so you’ll have to let me know. Have fun in June. I’ll be anticipating your return. NOW I’m excited!!! :smiley:

We just got back today. The resort looks simply amazing! You can tell there was damage. New roofs on the main buildings. There are still some broken branches that you can see, it is “sparser” in some views. However, the gardeners have done a fantastic job and have really compensated with a huge amount of undergrowth. The shrubs, bushes, and flowers are fantastic! The spa is still as great as ever.

omg i am so loving hearing this :slight_smile: i’m keeping our group updated thanx to you guys… keep it coming ;D ;D ;D