Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Paying for a Tourist Card

Pick up our tickets today. Whoohooo!! However, we were led to believe that Sunwing charges $16.00 for the tourist cards. We’ve never paid for them before, but we’ve never flown with Sunwing before either. Is this something new?

How did you come to believe, “Sunwing charges $16.00 for the tourist cards”?
You will get your “free” tourist card on board.
If you make a mistake on your “free” tourist card you will be charged for a replacement.

What you say radar is what I’ve always believed, and is the way it always has been on any of our other trips. But this is what was told to my wife when she picked up our tickets from our booking agent today. We’re both pretty skeptical of this, so I thought I’d run it buy everyone to get another opinion.

Carny:

We just returned from Cayo Largo via Nolitours/Skyservice and there was no charge for the tourist card unless it got lost. Maybe its another “tax” by the tour operator but that would surprise me very much.

That would be like charging you for your Candian customs declaration form upon your return. I hope I have not given them any ideas… :wink:

The only times I’ve paid separately for a tourist card was for my son, when he was younger than 2 and didn’t require a plane ticket. It was $16 each time. Other than that, it’s always been included with the AI package or the price of the plane ticket when I’ve done flight-only.

[quote=@radar]How did you come to believe, "Sunwing charges $16.00 for the tourist cards"?
You will get your "free" tourist card on board.
If you make a mistake on your "free" tourist card you will be charged for a replacement.[/quote]

Free, well not free as you already paid in the taxes with your package, but no additional cost would be a better way of putting it :wink:

We just flew Sunwing in January, the tourist card is free, but they now charge $20 for a replacement card if you make a mistake

Thanks everybody!