Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Pearson Airport hotel deals?

Does anybody know of a great deal on an airport hotel at Pearson International for mid-January? I don’t need to park and I do need a shuttle. Amenities not important. Well, I take that back. A bed in a non-smoking room and a (private) bathroom with running water. That’s what I require. :stuck_out_tongue:

Please help! My great internet rate from the last time I did the overnight is not currently available.

Thanks so very much,

Kaki

$99 stopover rate and free parking for up to 2 weeks, shuttle provided, minutes from the airport

http://www.valhalla-inn.com/

For Reservations or Information call Toll
Free 1-800-268-2500 or call your Travel Agent

1 Valhalla Inn Road
(Highway 427 and Burnhamthorpe Road)
Toronto, Ontario M9B IS9
Phone: (416) 239-2391 Fax: (416) 239-8764
E-mail: reservations@valhalla-inn.com

We’ve stayed at the Econo Lodge the past two times. It’s about a 3 star in terms of amenities but the staff is very accommodating, rates are good, and the shuttle service is great. If you need an airport drop-off beyond the “every hour on the hour” service, they’ll do it with a smile.

http://www.choicehotels.ca/hotels/hotel?hotel=CN568

Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport by Marriott

www.hotelsbycity.com

stopover rate - $119.00(before taxes) for two queen beds for one night, free 24 hour airport shuttle, continental breakfast, eight days free underground parking
http://reservations.hotelsbycity.com/hotel/10006204-11320075O.html?ses=890e8895b96d7d06a20f1dae5063a41067923ps

Hi Kaki! Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn Select. It is only 5 minutes by shuttle from the airport and we were very pleased with our accomodations. There is free coffee waiting in the lobby which you can grab as you run out the door to catch your shuttle to the airport in the morning! I believe you usually book with Air Canada? It is the hotel they offer as a stopover. The rate is $99.00 per night. That was for 2 of us. . . not sure if it is less for single occupancy. Their shuttle was quick. . . we didn’t have to wait long at the airport, and regular, and it started early enough in the morning for us to be at the airport for a very early departure. We have stayed at other airport hotels, and really none of them stand out as being that much better than any other. They are all pretty basic. Holiday Inn Select is also close enough to walk to the Keg, LoneStar, and I think it is Pat and Mario’s (or something like that!) Hope that helps! :slight_smile:
Cat

Thank you SO much everybody for all of your suggestions!

I will look into all of them, but I may stay with the cheapo deluxe option that I found, at $90 (taxes incl.). As I said, all I’m looking for is a bed and an airport shuttle. I’ve found the Hilton that will accommodate me for $90 and the Quality Hotel is even cheaper!! :o

I didn’t realize what I good deal I’d found until I heard from you all that $99 appears to be considered a good price.

Thanks again! If anyone has another suggestion tho, I’d be glad to look at it. :smiley:

Kaki

Kaki, did you find a rate that good for April, or for your January trip? I haven’t found anything that low in April (even at the Quality Inn)?

I actually found a better rate for April than for January. January is still pretty good tho!

You gotta know how to manipulate the websites, I think. I am looking in discounthotels.com.

Click on this button and that button. Once I searched “near the airport”, I clicked the button for “Rank by price”. Then the Quality Hotel popped up and I made a selection which took me into another window which offered me a rate of $75.25 plus $6.02 taxes = $81.27

Good luck!

[quote author=buckybruce board=general thread=1128373372 post=1128389917]Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport by Marriott

www.hotelsbycity.com

stopover rate - $119.00(before taxes) for two queen beds for one night, free 24 hour airport shuttle, continental breakfast, eight days free underground parking
http://reservations.hotelsbycity.com/hotel/10006204-11320075O.html?ses=890e8895b96d7d06a20f1dae5063a41067923ps
[/quote]

wow…you guys are great at findin’ the deals…I thought my price was pretty good…unless we’re not comparing apples to apples…does your rates include any free parking, much less UNDERGROUND parking(at least I won’t have to sweep the car off or worry about a dead battery when I come back)

Compared to deals you guys are getting the Sheraton Gateway rate is NUTS!!! :o

Yeah, the Sheraton rate is insane ($235 a night, I think). Good on ya for those who can afford it or think it’s worth it, but too rich for my blood.

I’m flying in from Halifax so parking is not a concern (but a free shuttle service is).

Cat, thanks for letting me know that Holiday Inn gives a good rate to ACV passengers, as I’ll be one!

We pay $125cdn a night at the Sheraton Gateway, I have booked it again for January using my airmiles so that night it is free!!!

Does that rate include parking for 7 nights?

I saw the same rate, but the parking brought it up to the $235 level.

parking is $69

Hula, be thankful you’re not looking in April (which I am). Sheraton Gateway is at LEAST double that price in April. Seems most places are higher. Must be the outer edges of the tourist season in Toronto, I guess.

We booked the Sheraton in May for one night last year and it was $100.00, the same as Hula and we loved it as well. We didn’t need parking, but your right Remote, different times of the month is crazy! I was going to go in September and stay there and it was nuts!! It all depends on what day you want to stay and whats going on in the City!!
Cin :wink:

Cin, another big difference is the day of the week. At the higher-end hotels, prices spike through the week (business travellers) versus the weekends (tourists). So if you booked on a Saturday, you could probably get a much better rate than on the Thursday that I’m looking for.

HATE when that happens lol

If it happens to anyone Remote, it’s me :wink:
Cin.