Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Pearson hotels

[quote=@tirednurse]We always use the Crowne Plaza. It is located near the airport on Carlson Court, just off Dixon Road.
They have 24 hr shuttle, and we have never had an extra charge for leaving our car.
Cost this year $109.[/quote]

We usually stay here as well, but this year they quoted our Travel agent $154.00 plus tax. That would include 2 weeks parking. When I called the hotel direct, they quoted me $185.00 plus tax. So I guess this year we will be going to the Sandman, $109.00 plus tax, and 2 weeks parking included

Can somebody confirm that the Sandman’s shuttle runs 24 hours?

thanks

mudman

just checked, first shuttle run is at 4.05 am

probably a no go for a 6.15 flight

strange that an airport hotel would not try to better line up with ‘typical’ early flights

mudman

When we stayed there last week, they told me that if my flight in was past the time the shuttle operated, they had an arrangement with one of the taxi companies and they would provide a voucher. I would assume that this arrangement works in both directions.

[quote=@mudman]just checked, first shuttle run is at 4.05 am

strange that an airport hotel would not try to better line up with ‘typical’ early flights

mudman[/quote]

Hey Mudman

Saw your post, so I got on the phone with my TA. She didn’t believe it, so she called the hotel, and guess what…
She seems to think that it will be enough time to get to the airport. We also have a 6:15 departure. She said that when we check in, to let the front desk know that we need to be on the 4 a.m. bus. She also said that there are 2 buses leaving at that time. I should say that we are going Club Class, so maybe that is the reason that she thinks that we have enough time, we have our own line-up

[quote=@smilelylm][quote=@mudman]just checked, first shuttle run is at 4.05 am

mudman[/quote]

Hey Mudman

Saw your post, so I got on the phone with my TA. She didn’t believe it, so she called the hotel, and guess what…
She seems to think that it will be enough time to get to the airport. We also have a 6:15 departure. She said that when we check in, to let the front desk know that we need to be on the 4 a.m. bus. She also said that there are 2 buses leaving at that time.[/quote]

thanks Smiley, so in effect your TA was saying that 2 hours was enough of a lead time?

Do you think they’d be willing to put that in writing? :slight_smile:

thanks again, Ill look into it

mudman

hey mudman.
if you look at my post, I edited it, saying that we are going Club Class, and have our own checkin line. That might be the reason that she thinks that 2 hours is enough for us.

Don’t forget once you check in…you still have the line-ups at security to go through…

We stay at the Radisson on Dixon Road. The hotel shuttle there runs 24 hours a day with 2 pickups every hour…

mudman, if you leave the on the shuttle at 4:05am is it direct to the terminal you are leaving from or does it stop at the other one? Total time if you have to stop plus travel time and weather could be an hour…so that would mean you would get to your termial at 5am, then stand in line to get you boarding pass(yes I see that you are going Club Class but you do realize that if you don’t check in at least 1 hour (might be 90 minutes now) before the flight they can re-sell those club seats. In my opinion this is not enough time…I don’t know why you TA would tell you it is this. I guess she figures it is not her travelling…

I always figure better early than late!

ok, you guys got me all worried, so I called my TA, and told her that we want to stay at the Crowne Plaza. They first quoted $158 plus tax, which would include 2 weeks parking. Now they have said that it is $129 plus tax, still with the 2 weeks parking. So we are happy. It is the hotel that we really wanted in the first place, and it has 24 hour shuttle service.
Now I know that we will be at the airport on time.

I mentioned the $109 for the Crowne Plaza because that is what my TA quoted me. Maybe I will contact her and confirm that is for 2 weeks parking as well. Don’t want any last minute surprises!!

Technically, we are paying $109 for the room, but that only includes 8 days parking, the other $20 dollars it to cover the second weeks parking. Which isn’t bad, because on their web site, they say that parking is $12 a day.