Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Pennies VS Ants

Just to share a tip with everyone, of all the resorts we stayed at, there are always ants, even on the 3rd floor, even in the cleanest of hotels.

They appears like magic from tiny carcks in the trim works around doors and by the bathroom sink. We carry a roll of pennies with us and by placing several pennies in a row to block the path and the ants disappear!

Every room has several enterences and exits and you’ll need many pennies to create an effective barrier.

Someone should apply for research money to find out why this works. :wink:

Tried this the first year… sorry didn’t work for us at all, they actually crawled over top of them and we had plenty out on the balcony where there were lots of tiny, tiny ants.

Deb.

Maybe you should have tried U.S. pennies and not Canadian pennies as they are worth more. ;D ;D ;D

I was thinking that after I posted… I wonder if there content is different from ours, either way the Canadian pennies did NOT work for us but then again the little tiny critters don’t bother us. ;D

We have only had ants at one resort… {knock wood}

Check this out.
Ants and slugs vs. copper:

Actually there is quite a difference between U.S. pennies and Canadian pennies. Canadian pennies have 94% steel, 1.5% nickel and 4.5 % copper plate% with zinc, approximately and U.S. pennies have approx. 97.5 zinc and 2.5% copper. However I do not know what difference that would make to keep the ants away

I’ve heard that if you draw a line with chalk–the ants won’t cross? Has anyone tried this?

Is that the same as a chalk line in football where the Eagles will not cross the touchdown chalk line ;D Just to keep it in a Dr prospective I do not think any Eagle players are on that team. Sorry Mr. Bob and Mrs. Carol ;D

Wow young lady are you lucky Bob is taking a nap…

Can’t pick on his Eagles.

I wonder which Eagles player will be vacationing with us in LaRomana.

[quote=@tkbobcarol]Wow young lady are you lucky Bob is taking a nap…

Can’t pick on his Eagles.

I wonder which Eagles player will be vacationing with us in LaRomana. [/quote]
Probably the whole team, after all they are NOT the Super Bowl champs ;D Tell Mr.s Bob he should go down maybe in Dec. next year as the Eagles will be there then because they will not even be in the playoffs. However have an absolutely wonderful trip to the Dreams. You deserve it

I’d buy a little bottle of Ant B Gone…a couple of drops and it works like a dream. They take it back to the nest and in no time…ants b gone.

These guys are pretty tiny. Like grains of sand. I’m not sure they could take it back to the nest …
On the plus side, they’re not dirty and they don’t bite …