Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Permission letter to travel with child?

Hi:
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with travelling with a child (actually he’s 15) I have read that I need a notarized letter of permission from his father that he’s aware we’re bringing him to Mexico for vacation. I’m sure I can get the letter but I don’t know if it’s actually necessary. Anyone been asked for one before?
Thanks
MJ

It is absolutely necessary IMO - you can be denied entry/exit should they ask and you are unable to provide the proper papers. Many are never asked, but if you are…

:o :-/

Get the paperwork done!

I work in a notary’s office and we see a lot of people looking to get a letter to travel. Some are return customers every year and they it gives them peace of mind.

I work in a notary’s office and we see a lot of people looking to get a letter to travel. Some are return customers every year and they say it gives them peace of mind.

I have travelled with my kids out of country several times without their Dad. I’ve never been asked for the letter but ALWAYS carry one just in case… one day I may just be that random person they ask to see it.

Never leave home without it… :wink:

Jake, eh

Thanks everyone…I got the letter last night and now I’m ready to pack and go…lol…18 days and counting down!!