Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Peso Cigars in Guardalavaca Area

Has anyone ever bought them there? Or seen them in any of the little shops?

Also, what size are the “Famed but Elusive” little smokes? Pictures I’ve seen, they look Corona size.

Seems to me they might be the perfect “Yard 'Gar”

Thanks in advance.

Jim

You can buy the peso cigars in the little apartment community between Brisas and the market if you take the road to the market. We usually take the bikes there.

The cigars use to be 1 CUC but now they are charging tourists 3 CUC for them. It is still a good deal.

If you take the so called ‘train’ you can buy them in the little community center you stop at and they still charge you 1 CUC for them.

The other option is to give a resort worker the money and get them to pick the cigars up for you in the apartment complex and they will only have to pay 1 CUC for them. :wink:

Freedom Ryder 8-)…

TY.

We’re quite familiar with that little market. In fact, it’s one of the reasons we like that area. We love the walk along the ocean on Atlantico’s property from Brisas to the market. Haven’t walked the road though so I’ll have to look for that complex.

[quote=@cigarnewf]TY.

We’re quite familiar with that little market. In fact, it’s one of the reasons we like that area. We love the walk along the ocean on Atlantico’s property from Brisas to the market. Haven’t walked the road though so I’ll have to look for that complex.[/quote]

It is less than a 10 minute bike ride from Bruis’s and I don’t peddle too fast in the heat, lol.

If you ask to see the other cigars (under the counter), they will sell them individually as well.

We stopped there once at the so called ‘store’, and the little place was not open so we asked around and a nice person from the area went to the guys house and got him to open up for us.

It does not look like a real store but rather a wood panel that opens up on a cement building. Just ask around and you will find it no problem at all.

Freedom Ryder 8-)…