Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Planners/Travel Agents for Paradisus PR Wedding

Hi everyone. This is my first post on the forum. I have recently discovered it and am looking forward to joining the discussions. I am hoping to get married in June '07 at the Paradisus Palma Real. I expect to have around 50 guests at the wedding. I have contacted the wedding coordinator, Adriana I think is her name, by email, but I have yet to hear from her. As I’m starting to plan the wedding, I was wondering if you might have some useful advice on the following:

1. I’d like to get one of the Paradisus PR wedding packages and a group discount on rooms since we’re going to take up approximately 20 rooms for a few days. Does anyone have any knowledge about what types of deals the Paradisus PR offers or whether other resorts have made such accommodations? What kind of a discount should I expect?

2. Any thoughts on whether it’s better to try to coordinate the scheduling of the wedding directly with the Paradisus PR or through a travel agent/wedding planner in the US? Do you think travel agents/planners here have better success with confirming dates, getting discounts, general organization, etc.? Are there any specific planners or agents that would recommend? (Not sure if it’s against the forum’s policies to promote any specific entities on the forum. If so, could you please PM them to me?)

I think that’s it for now. I’m so happy I discovered this forum and I look forward to chatting with all of you - especially anyone who is currently planning or has had a wedding at the Paradisus PR. Thanks!