Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Planning First Family All Inclusive; Need Advice

We have only travelled as a family to Florida. Been there 4 times in the last 5 years and are all “theme park’d out”. I am starting to plan a trip to the Caribbean for March Break 2010, but really am at a loss as to where we should go.

I have found a couple of resorts that seem really family friendly in Jamaica (Beaches Boscobel in Ochos Rios and Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay). Both of them have waterparks which will appeal to our children. Our daughter will be 15 and son will be 13 when we go. Can anyone recommend a nice family resort in Mexico, Cuba, or the Dominican Republic?

We don’t need fancy, just clean, good food and a great pool/beach area. We’d like to stay below $5-$6K range including flights for this to happen so I guess we need to stay at around $3-$4K for the resort itself. If you have any recommendations for discount booking sites, that would be great!

how long ya stayin? …Where are you leaving from, Cuba or the DR are FULL o f great places to go …give us a little more info and we’ll try to help:)

We live in Ottawa, so flying out of here would be our preference. We could fly out of Montreal, Syracuse NY or Burlington VT as well.

When we go to Orlando we always fly out of Syracuse because the flights are so much cheaper south of the border, so driving 3-4 hours is not a big deal. We always book everything separately when we go to Orlando. Would it be better to use a travel agent and book a package for this type of holiday?

well we have done cruises, Florida, Disney, Nashville etc…once I went to Cuba and the DR, I stayed right at it! IF you have never done ALL Inclusive, you are in for big surprise :o look around these 2 websites…there are many more but these are user friendy…choose your place of departure, destination, etc and off you go…happy trails :slight_smile:
selloffvacations
itravel2000

If you can afford it, you really cannot do better than the family Club Meds with kids - the Cancun and maybe Ixtapa CMs in Mexico are really outstanding. But they aren’t cheap - check their website early on to see about sales (sometimes kids will stay for free, for example) but are worth every penny.

The Barcelo and Iberostars in the Riviera Maya are also very good options - not up to CM level for activities or food, perhaps better swimming pools (esp the Iberostars) but still real good. The Rius too are pretty good.

In Puerto Vallarta, you might want to check out the Marival or, cheaper (you do get what you pay for) the Royal Decameron, both a ways out in Nuevo Vallarta on quite good beaches.

Cheers. Tom