Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Playa Costa Verde in Hoguin & Cataraman Excursions

I already posted in the general Caribbean forum but thought I should have posted here in the Cuba forum. We have booked the Playa Costa Verde in Holguin for this Feb. instead of going to Varadero. I really like this area and was wondering if anyone got any tips about this resort; rooms, food, etc…Also do they have a catamaran excursion from the resort that includes the snorkeling but not swimming with the dolphins? What would the price be?
We have already done the dolphin swim there but still wanted to do the catamaran trip and snorkeling.

Great resort! Very well managed with caring, friendly staff, good food and drinks. It’s quite spread out so if you have any mobility issues get a room near the pool which puts you close to restaurants, bars, lobby etc.
Be sure to try the Japanese a la carte - fun and good eating. One of our favorite spots for a pre dinner drink was the Beer Corner. Opens at 4:00pm and often had live entertainment.
See this link for a map of the resort:
http://www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html?maps/map-PlayaCostaVerde-Holguin.gif
There are a couple of catamaran trips that have snorkling stops but don’t include swimming with dolphins. About $70-80.

Thank you for your reply. We will definitely check out the beer corner and the Japanese a-la-carte. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the Catamaran trip.
We are flying with Sunwing out of Halifax. Do they have specific rooms that are reserved for their clients?

Not sure, but I don’t think so. You can always try emailing a couple of weeks ahead and ask for a specific room or building.