Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Playa Dorada with Tags - Google Earth

Found this and thought it might be helpful…

and it’s current.

Kudos to Escapewinter - I’ve learned that she was the author - my compliments.

Gregg

That’s great. Thanks for your help with the map. I always like to know where I’m going before I get there.

gregg

I can’t seem to get my google earth working. when it zooms to the locations my screen goes blue. do you by chance know why this happening and how to fix it

michelle

[quote author=gettingmarriedindr board=Poparea thread=1159296896 post=1159447060]gregg

I can’t seem to get my google earth working. when it zooms to the locations my screen goes blue. do you by chance know why this happening and how to fix it

michelle[/quote]
Sorry, I’m far from a Google Earth expert - I “borrowed” this picture and can’t remember from where - or I would attribute it’s author.

Gregg

[quote author=gregg board=Poparea thread=1159296896 post=1159455586]Sorry, I’m far from a Google Earth expert - I “borrowed” this picture and can’t remember from where - or I would attribute it’s author.

Gregg[/quote]

Actually, it was done by one of our posters (Escapewinter). I started another thread about this Sept 12.

Hi

Some areas in Google Earth show up well such as Puerto Plata. However, In Punta Cana one can see the airport clearly but not the resort areas. Slowly, more highly defined areas are being added.

Gregg
I sort of proofread the labelling and suggested a few changes before it was posted. Does this match your recollections? I’m sure the OP would welcome your comments as well.

[quote author=bobfromcanada board=Poparea thread=1159296896 post=1159457741]Gregg
I sort of proofread the labelling and suggested a few changes before it was posted. Does this match your recollections? I’m sure the OP would welcome your comments as well.[/quote]
That was one of the main reasons I was drawn to it.

Added author’s name to original post.

Gregg

Gracias amigo ;D
bob

Thanks Fire Guy. I enjoyed doing the project.

I should have thanked Bob for his help. I would not have been able to figure out all the labels myself. Thanks Bob.

No problem. Glad to help.