Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Please settle for us?

My husband says that he has to wear long pants for dinner and I thought that he only needed long pants for the a la cartes and could wear shorts for the buffet. We’re staying at the Riu Palace in Punta Cana in case that matters. Thank you in advance if you can help!!

Buffet you can wear shorts…

you win…

but he will be happy not having to wear long pants every night

I’d take a pair of trousers just to be on the safe side…

Here’s what the Hotel Riu Punta cana PDF Factsheet says at www.riu.com :

"Dinner (“Don Manuel"
restaurant):
· Buffets and on the spot
cooking stations
· Special evenings: Theme
buffet (three times a week)
· Optional dining
(reservations required in
advance):
· “Yokohama” Japanese
restaurant (à la carte)
· Grill and steakhouse (à la
carte)
· “Krystal” Fusion
restaurant (à la carte)
· “La Bodega” Brazilian
restaurant (main course
with table service; buffet
starters and dessert)
· “Luigi” Italian restaurant
(à la carte; buffet starters)
· Formal dress is required
for dinner (long trousers
for gentlemen)

Gregg

I’d have to assume he will be wearing a pair on the plane. They’ll do if he needs them for dinner …

I’d have to assume he will be wearing a pair on the plane. They’ll do if he needs them for dinner …[/quote]

While I don’t for a moment doubt that this is probably true, I try to never make assumptions - I often see passengers in the check-in line wearing shorts - chilly walk from the taxi, no doubt.

Gregg

yes it is a chilly walk at -20, but I.d sooner do that than wear long pants on the plane and in the heat of PC airport and all the other things that heppen between landing and hitting the beach…a tiny sacrifice I’m willing to make :slight_smile:

EDinNB

It’s pretty simple. No long pants; be prepared to be turned away … Your call.

I’d have to assume he will be wearing a pair on the plane. They’ll do if he needs them for dinner …[/quote]

Maybe he wears a kilt? LOL

just worried about the weight part…just get a cheap pair of zipoffs… shorts and long pants in one, and they weight next to nothing… and you can even leave them behind if you dont want to bring them back.

it’s only a small detail…but its a huge deal for me…I can’t stand wearing long pants in the summer unless its super air conditioned…so having to wear pants after being in the sun all day…walking to the resturant and sitting there…if there is AC its not usually cold in there…and then always have to go back to the room to change out of the long pants…

would be so much easier if guys could wear a nice pair of cargo shorts, short sleeved dress shirt and some nice leather sandals…but oh well, what can you do.

I always have a couple of light pairs of pants I take with me…its a must ::slight_smile:

From past experiences, unless things have changed since I was at the RIU Palace last, en must wear long pants in all dining situations. This holds true for the Macao and the Taino. The Bambu is considered a club hotel so cargo shorts would be acceptable.

Think of it this way --you have booked at a 5 star resort and are eating at a five star restaurant —what would you wear at home on a summer evening?

[quote=@kenandpaul]… The Bambu is considered a club hotel so cargo shorts would be acceptable.

Think of it this way --you have booked at a 5 star resort and are eating at a five star restaurant —what would you wear at home on a summer evening?[/quote]
Are you sure? When we stayed at the Bambu, I saw shorts in the buffet dining room, but saw people being turned away at the a-la-cartes.

Just returned Mar6 from a Riu and I didn;t see any shorts in the buffet for dinner. We stayed at the Naiboa and went to the Riu Punta Cana for a look and I would say by the looks of it they would want you to wear long pants, looked pretty fancy!! I think my husband would feel out of place if he didn’t dress up.

I agree. We saw a “few” shorts at the buffet at the Bambu, but I wouldn’t expect to see them at either of the Palace resorts. I would think you would feel out of place if you wore shorts there.