Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Posada Real in Los Cabos

Just back from this resort. Happy to answer any questions.

In a nutshell, we very much enjoyed the resort and destination and would not hesitate to return.

Los Cabos is great - very different terrain than Playa/Cancun. Did you do a whale watching tour? We took a Zodiac boat past el Arco del Cabo, saw (and smelled and heard) the seals, and were fortunate enough to see a humpback whale breach, as well as other dolphins and sea birds. My goodness, they are magnificent creatures, and to see one live - nothing compares.

Were you able to swim on the beach? We stayed at Dreams (lovingly referred to as “Screams!” because we’d laugh every time we’d say it) and the beach was unswimmable due to riptides, although there was an area down the way where you could swim. We stuck to the pool.

Do you recall what kind of toiletries they had?

Good room service? Can’t get enough tortilla soup!

This was our first time in this area of Mexico and it was only a 5 day package- make that 4 days if you lop off the travel time at both ends of the trip. It was a quick get-away trip for my birthday.

We are spoiled living on the west coast a block from the beach. We have an abundance of marine life at our doorstep, including whales so we didn’t do a whale watching excursion. Didn’t really need to as there was a magnificent whale show all day long which we enjoyed from our lounge chairs. We spent most of our time exploring San Jose del Cabo on foot as it wasn’t too far from our resort. Also discovered the estuary with it’s walking trails close by and of course the beach itself (not swimmable) was amazing. Must be at least 5 miles long. We walked it everyday! First all-inclusive trip I didn’t gain weight.

Resort offered the usual toiletries in the room but if you wanted or needed something extra, it was available just by asking at the front desk. We didn’t use the room service. I was surprised at the excellent beach service- both food and/or drinks delivered to your lounge chair. Excellent 5 star service at a 3 star resort! The resort is very laid back and quiet which is what we were looking for. No animation staff!!! The resort is popular with Mexicans who made up about 1/3 of the guests. They offer a variety of packages (room only, partial inclusive meaning breakfast & drinks only or full all-inclusive). We were surprised to find out the resort was at full capacity during our stay because it sure didn’t feel like it.

Have you ever considered adopting a Brit…I hear they are very polite and house trained ;D

[quote=@wossa1]

Have you ever considered adopting a Brit…I hear they are very polite and house trained ;D[/quote]

Of course!

Let me know when you’re in our area Wossa :slight_smile: