Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Possible problem with Single Status Declaration

I have just received all my paperwork back all nicely legalised and translated… but I think I have come across a slight problem!! On my declaration (which I downloaded from the dominican embassey’s website!) it says that the Statutory Declarations Act is “1853” but my friend (who is also getting married in the DR) was told today it is infact “1835”. Which is right or does this little typo matter? Can any one help please? I am now starting to panic. :’(

Thanks

Su

iam from canada so it may be different, but my single affidavit says nothing about the act is 1835/53.

it just says my name were i was born and who i am marring and that iam single. i sign it and the notory signed it. the same for fh

michelle

this is what our said (this one is my fh)
SINGLE STATUS AFFIDAVIT/SWORN DECLARATION

I, Mark William Brunette, of the City of Temicaming, in the Province of Quebec, DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE THAT:

-I am Mark William Brunette, born as Mark William Brunette on August 15, 1976 in North Bay, ON, Canada.

-I am a Canadian citizen, who resides at 428 Kipawa; Temiscaming; Quebec, J0Z 3R0 Canada

-I intend to marry Michelle Lee Collins in Superclubs breezes Puerto Plata in Confesi, Dominican Republic during the month of April 2007.

-I am single and have never been married before. To the best of my knowledge and belief there is no legal impediment or other lawful cause to prevent me from getting married.

-The names of my parents are Loma Brunette, Mother and Gerard Brunette, Father.

I make this Solemn Declaration firmly believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.

DECLARED by me, this(date)____of ______, 2007

Signed [your name here]____________________________

DECLARED in my presence, this (date)____of ______, 2007

Signed as a Public Notary (Commissioner of Oaths)

[quote author=gettingmarriedindr board=wedding thread=1172081769 post=1172099370]this is what our said (this one is my fh)
SINGLE STATUS AFFIDAVIT/SWORN DECLARATION

I, Mark William Brunette, of the City of Temicaming, in the Province of Quebec, DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE THAT:

-I am Mark William Brunette, born as Mark William Brunette on August 15, 1976 in North Bay, ON, Canada.

-I am a Canadian citizen, who resides at 428 Kipawa; Temiscaming; Quebec, J0Z 3R0 Canada

-I intend to marry Michelle Lee Collins in Superclubs breezes Puerto Plata in Confesi, Dominican Republic during the month of April 2007.

-I am single and have never been married before. To the best of my knowledge and belief there is no legal impediment or other lawful cause to prevent me from getting married.

-The names of my parents are Loma Brunette, Mother and Gerard Brunette, Father.

I make this Solemn Declaration firmly believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.

DECLARED by me, this(date)____of ______, 2007

Signed [your name here]____________________________

DECLARED in my presence, this (date)____of ______, 2007

Signed as a Public Notary (Commissioner of Oaths)
[/quote]

Hello Michelle,

1. In one place you call your town Temicaming and in another Temiscaming (which I believe to be correct). Is this just a typo in your posting or do you have a problem with your declaration?

2. There is no place in the DR of which I am aware called Confresi; there is a Cofresi.

3. Superclubs Breezes Puerto Plata is between Sosua and Cabarete (closer to Sosua so I would use the town name of Sosua) but it is not even near Cofresi.

Do you think the geographical error(s) matter?

Just curious.

Gregg

hope not, but on the superclubs letter head it says cofresi. if the spelling does matter isabell will send it back and i will redo it. it only takes a couple of days. you think the notary would notice that!!?? (the spelling of temiscaming)

michelle

i have two different letter heads in my emails. another said Carretera Cabarete, o kay freaking out now!!

michelle

fireguy

just talked to wedo and it won’t be a problem!!! phew!! thanks for noticing and letting me know

michelle