Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Pre-paid departure tax thru Signature Vacations

I just booked a Signature package thru Selloff Vacations to Punta Cana in February and note that the departure tax of $20.00 pp is NOT included. I know that for the last two trips we took to PC in 2007 and 2008 it WAS included, one trip being thru Nolitours and the other thru AT Holidays.

I thought all tour operators were the same?

Nolitours and AT Holidays are two companies that do collect the departure tax in your total cost. There are some who do not.

Oct 2008 with Signature it was included?? Oct 2008 with Nolitours it was included.

I just confirmed with Selloff Vacations that the $20.00 per person departure tax IS included in their packages thru Signature Vacations & Skyservice Airlines.

More $$ to spend on rum now!!

Nov 8th, less than a month ago and the tax paid, google Signature Vacations and the number may be there.

[quote=@writfiler]I just booked a Signature package thru Selloff Vacations to Punta Cana in February and note that the departure tax of $20.00 pp is NOT included. I know that for the last two trips we took to PC in 2007 and 2008 it WAS included, one trip being thru Nolitours and the other thru AT Holidays.

I thought all tour operators were the same?[/quote]

I’m curious, what made you think it wasn’t included?

I’m curious, what made you think it wasn’t included?[/quote]

In the Terms and Conditions that they emailed back to me there was a section dealing with the the departure tax suggesting that they it may not be included in the price that I paid.

Yeh, there’s so much confusion with all the paperwork they hand you and what they tell you.

When I flew WestJet in August an agent “said” it wasn’t included yet on my paperwork it showed the break down and how much we were paying for the entry and exit fees. We didn’t have to pay.

I’ve never booked a pkg where it was included…always had to remember to save 4 $20’s, lol…I will have to check my fine print! We’re usually with either Signature or Sunquest when we go to the DR…