Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Punta Cana Princess

Well it seems the little misses has her heart set on a week at the PC Princess, first week in June. I am sure there a few people from this Board who have stayed there so I am asking for your honest opinions. I have checked the reviews at “Deb’s” including her own. Is it as nice as the reviews indicate? Any advice would be appreciated.

The Resort PCP is small quaint -the staff are very friendly :slight_smile:
some of the best staff I have encountered.
The beach is wonderful :sunglasses:

The Buffet choices are limited but you can go to the sister resort which has more choices BUT there are children

The no reservations for dinner is very nice- waited no more than 10 minutes.

the rooms were comfy / water pressure great

the pool is small but the swim-up bar service is outstanding

you will not be disappointed ;D

agreed…nice small resort, quiet pool area, great stretch of beach, nothing over the top here but a good clean resort for the money!

Thank you. It sounds like we have picked a great place to celibate our 32 second wedding anniversary.

We Will be going to the Punta Cana Princess from March 10 to 17th.
Does anybody know what buildings the Honeymoon suites are in?
Do they all have ocean views and can anybody recommend a specific room number??
Thanks for you help!
Lisa

Email Diana at guest services she is very helpful puntacana@princess-hotels.com

I believe each building has 1 honeymoon suite -2 stories
building 5 closest to the beach but it is a small resort so you are no more than a few minutes away from the beach

You will have an absolutely wonderful tie at the PCP. One of the nicest smaller resorts in all of Punta Cana IMHO of course.

[quote=@patricia39]Email Diana at guest services she is very helpful puntacana@princess-hotels.com

I believe each building has 1 honeymoon suite -2 stories
building 5 closest to the beach but it is a small resort so you are no more than a few minutes away from the beach[/quote]

Thanks for the advice- I will e-mail her before we go!

Bavaro Princess for Friday May 29th departure is $1213 for jr suite. Call Beatmyquote.ca and see if you can get $100 off each ticket.

Honestly I’m finding prices in general right now to be very high except for this resort.

What I would personally do is go to the #1 rated resort, Majestic Colonial leaving on May 30th for $1344. See if you can get a $100 discount. The food is very good there. Skim over the reviews on the Princess and see what they have to say about the food (not very good).

I had a very bad experience eating ‘bad, bland dominican food’ at Gran Bahia Principe and it seems the Princess offers the same sort of food.

The Majestic Colonial had amazing Chefs that cooked some really good food! No lie. I’m honestly craving the food each day at home. They purchase grade A quality meat and have chef’s that know how to cook and are properly trained. No reservations needed for a la carts either. Unlimited sushi platters in the Japanese resturuant. Weddings each day. Staff that speak English… I can go on and on about how good our experience was at that resort. Heck, have lobster tail every night if you want to.

Every night a lamb curry in the Mexican/Dominican resturaunt. Just walk in, grab a plate and eat. Never any waiting for the a la carts. Have a plate, then go to buffet, or another a la carte for their delicoius steak. There’s always salsa and fresh quacamole. Man… i could never get that at Gran Bahia Principe. I wish I could show you some of my pictures.

For the small price difference and large food difference, I really recommend you look into Majestic Colonial. I’m not a shill for any resort, but wow, it’s litterally head and sholders above Gran Bahia Pricipe (which is rated higher than the Princess). I would venture to say, the food is not even comparable or in the same legue.

Bavaro Princess for Friday May 29th departure is $1213 for jr suite. Call Beatmyquote.ca and see if you can get $100 off each ticket.

Honestly I’m finding prices in general right now to be very high except for this resort.

What I would personally do is go to the #1 rated resort, Majestic Colonial leaving on May 30th for $1344. See if you can get a $100 discount. The food is very good there. Skim over the reviews on the Princess and see what they have to say about the food (not very good).

I had a very bad experience eating ‘bad, bland dominican food’ at Gran Bahia Principe and it seems the Princess offers the same sort of food.

The Majestic Colonial had amazing Chefs that cooked some really good food! No lie. I’m honestly craving the food each day at home. They purchase grade A quality meat and have chef’s that know how to cook and are properly trained. No reservations needed for a la carts either. Unlimited sushi platters in the Japanese resturuant. Weddings each day. Staff that speak English… I can go on and on about how good our experience was at that resort. Heck, have lobster tail every night if you want to.

Every night a lamb curry in the Mexican/Dominican resturaunt. Just walk in, grab a plate and eat. Never any waiting for the a la carts. Have a plate, then go to buffet, or another a la carte for their delicoius steak. There’s always salsa and fresh quacamole. Man… i could never get that at Gran Bahia Principe. I wish I could show you some of my pictures.

For the small price difference and large food difference, I really recommend you look into Majestic Colonial. I’m not a shill for any resort, but wow, it’s litterally head and sholders above Gran Bahia Pricipe (which is rated higher than the Princess). I would venture to say, the food is not even comparable or in the same legue. [/quote]
Since I have never stayed at the Majestic I will not justify my answer about the food there since in no way do I wish to hi-jack this thread because it is about questions asked about the PC Princess. In Debbies reviews almost all of guests that have actually stayed there stated the food was excellent, superb, fantastic, so tender it melts in your mouth and of course delicious. I have always enjoyed the food at most of the resorts in the DR and the PC Princess is one of them

Hola: We thought the food at PCP was close to the best we have had in all of our 9 trips to the DR. We thought our meal at La Cava was maybe the best meal and atmosphere we have ever had.
We may very well go back again this Nivember. It was a top notch place, in our opinion.

Mike & CYndie - The Maineacs

FYI - La Cava is not included in the Transat Regancy package. It would cost us$25pp to eat there. We ate there when we stayed at Caribe Club cause it was included and it was great but not sure I would pay the $25US for it.

So just like one should not discount Debbie member reviews, once should not discount this New Yorkers review who has access to the best food in the world possibly and probably knows his stuff. And there’s a bunch more.

Most any tavel agent in the GTA will warn you when traveling to the DR and especially Cuba to expect bad food. After my exeperience at Gran Bahia Principe, I don’t know how anyone could say that food was good. Spitting out rubber meat daily, no bacon for breakfast, so many unedible buffet items, gamie tasting and tough B quality meats used in burgers… breakfast sausage you had to spit out because it tasted like dog intestines… it was awful. Majestic Colonial was not even close to that category and is making me hungry now.

Anyhow, this resort might proper food services management and chefs and that’s what counts.

If someone can describe the food as being soft, cooked properly, and tasting good with no gamie/weird flavors, it can’t be that bad and i’m sure the Princess has a solid food services dept. and chef.

WOW … someone has it in for the GBP. Pretty tough review. Having been there myself, I found the food to quite acceptable, in fact … good. There are also many other reviews that say the same thing. Oh well … everyone has there own opinion.

We have been to the Punta Cana Princess twice and would surely be going again this year. However, no British tour operator is offering the hotel for this summer.

We could have gone to the Caribe or the Tropical but it was the “adults only” feature and the intimate atmosphere which we enjoyed at the PCP.

We have got a good deal on the Grand Oasis Marien in the north so that is where we are going. I am sure we will have a good time but a little bit of our heart will be in Punta Cana. Perhaps in 2010…

I totally agree with you about the food at the GBP as we found it quite enjoyable and to everyone’s liking. Nobody complained or got sick at all. However since this thread is about the PCP I’ll make no further comment on other resorts as that just would not be proper I would think.

Stills

Your right … I was only replying to a review that was made on this thread. PCP should be the topic here. Sounds like a great place.

[quote=@garym]Stills

Your right … I was only replying to a review that was made on this thread. PCP should be the topic here. Sounds like a great place.[/quote]
And it is a great place ;D ;D Would go back in a second if I could. Been to most but this resort in PC and PCP is near the top.