Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Question about Resorts

I thought that I read somewhere that if you were booked at a resort which has a chain of resorts and they have more than one resort in the area, you would be allowed to visit another resort in the chain. (clear as mud? lol)

For instance if you are at Breezes in Puerto Plata could you take their shuttle to the Breezes in Cabarete?

Just curious .

To my knowledge there is only 2 Breezes in the DR. One in POP and the other in PC.

Some resorts such as Riu and Viva Wyndham share facilites. I know the Hacienda resorts (back when they were called that) shared facilites between the 4 hotels they had.

Did I totally misunderstand the question?

[quote author=missingsosua board=general thread=1160004982 post=1160004982]I thought that I read somewhere that if you were booked at a resort which has a chain of resorts and they have more than one resort in the area, you would be allowed to visit another resort in the chain. (clear as mud? lol)

For instance if you are at Breezes in Puerto Plata could you take their shuttle to the Breezes in Cabarete?

Just curious .[/quote]
That is if there were a Breezes in Cabarete. The one they call Breezes Puerto Plata is between Sosua and Cabarete and there is only one on the North Coast.

Gregg

there is only one breezes on the north coast. some travel brouchures say it is located in puerto plata some say Cabarete. But as fireguy says it is between sosua and cabarete. but when i get corrispondent from the hotel (iam getting married there and talk to them often) the address says its in cabarete.

michelle

Okay so I got my resorts and geography a little confused, not to mention confusing everyone else.

Thanks for the informtion though and no Bryan you actually understood what I really meant, (not saying that the others didn’t). I knew that I was confusing the issue, but thanks again to all for replying.

With the confusion resolved the answer is - maybe…

The decision as to whether or not a guest has “exchange priviliges” is one which each resort chain makes on it’s own.

Some have full “exchange priviliges”, some have partial “exchange priviliges” and some have no “exchange priviliges” so you have to check with the resort chain with which you are booked. The most common answer is that some form of “exchange priviliges” is probable, but you need to verify this.

Travel well.

Gregg