Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Question about tours at Royal Decameron Salinitas

Hello!

We just booked our vacation to El Salvador Dec 14-21 and can’t wait!

I was just browsing the Royal Decameron Salinitas website and I am very excited to do some of the tours offered. Specifically the Mayan tour, climbing the Izalco volcano, and possibly a tour into Guatemala or Honduras (I wish we’d booked 2 weeks instead of just 1! Alas, we have to be home in time for Christmas!)

Anyone have some idea on prices of the tours? Are the prices reasonable? I think I saw somewhere that the Mayan tour is about $60/pp. Also, Is the San Salvador city tour worth it, or would we be better off going on our own? Is there any other way to get to San Salvador other than going on a tour bus?

Thanks!

Hi Ellejay, we did some of the tours you are considering. My thoughts…the Maya tour (El Salvador version) was very good, stopping at 4 different sites in ES. We decided this one as the bus ride to Guatemala was around 4-5 hours one way. Guided with an English speaking guide, it was worth the cost, which I think was about $60 pp.
The other we did was called arts & crafts, and I think it was $40 - 50 pp. Despite the name, is an interesting trip. Stopping at 3 or 4 villages and towns, you get a sense of life outside the resort. There are lots of opportunity for souvenir purchases if that what you’re looking for. Prices are negotable, politely haggle see if you can save a few dollars.
We spoke to a guy who did the volcano climb, and he described it as a gut-buster. He’s an avid runner in pretty good shape and found the climb very challenging. The view is stellar, but its a tough slog to get to the summit. Remember its hot and humid, pack lots of bottled water.
Security in San Salvador is a concern - each tour we took came with an armed tourist police officer who watched us closely while out and about in the towns. Not intrusive, but you knew he was there. I don’t think I’d be doing my own tour in San Salvador, and I speak Spanish.
Fantastic resort, impeccably kept we wish we had done 2 weeks as from Canada its a full day in and out.
Have fun!

I have a price list saved with my photos, but I have no idea how to post it here ???

If u want to send me a PM with your email I can probably attach it and send it to u.

Hi Ellejay,
What tours did you end up taking? We are returning this year, with friends, and wonder if the tours are the same.