Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Question RE: Rooms at the Paradisus Punta Cana

Hello all,

I was hoping you guys could help me out. I am leaning towards booking a 5 night stay at the Paradisus Punta Cana, a Royal Service Garden View Suite. I called the hotel to find out how many of these 80 suites are non smoking and they told me you can smoke in all of the rooms.

I’m concerned that the rooms will smell like smoke (beds, linens, towels, etc.) Has anyone had the experience of noticing a heavy smoke smell in ANY rooms at the Paradisus Punta Cana?

Also, I am finding conflicting information between their website and discounted websites (i.e. Expedia) regarding the size of the beds available in a Royal Service Garden Suite. I know the options are either 1 king or 2 beds, but I’ve read the 2 beds are full size on Expedia, then on the Sol Melia website they said the 2 beds are queens and then I called the hotel directly and they said the 2 beds are twins (but that each bed sleeps 2 people, which would mean full not twin). Does anyone know firsthand what size the 2 beds are??? My boyfriend and I prefer a king sized bed, but since we are going to book the room through a discounted website and the bed preference is not guaranteed we are a little worried about getting 2 twins :slight_smile:

Any guidance would be much appreciated!!!

2 beds means 2 queens. Twin in European terms means a bed for two people, single is our version of a twin bed.