Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Questions re: Catalonia

Six more sleeps until my LONG awaited get-away is here!!! I have not been away from our children for more than a night or two for years and am in desperate need. lol!

We are arriving Sat., Jan. 17th, for 7 nights. We are booked at the Cat. I have a few questions and would be most grateful for any/all answers. :slight_smile:

A brief intro… this is our first trip to the d.r. P.C. has been a vacation destination of mine for a decade now. Due to flights, etc. it has just been easier in the past to travel to various locations in MX. While staying at AI in MX I have become accustomed to wine and beer taps and do not know what to expect in p.c.

My questions are: What time do the resorts shut down the discos? Are there taps for the wine/beer? What should I be prepared for? Other than sun and fun, naturally?

Thank you for your time!

M.

Never went to the disco at the Catalonia, but I’m pretty sure it stayed open until at least 2 AM.

There’s a beer tap at the pizza/chicken bar next to the pool (Presidente brand, one of the better ones). I only had the wine they served us during meals (not the best, but not terrible)

What else should you be prepared for? Getting coffee at the beach restaraunt (including refills) is almost impossible. Take your own travel mug and get it yourself.

You don’t have to get up at 6AM to find good seats at the beach or around the pool, you should be able to still get a great spot by 8AM

Enjoy! It is a beautiful resort!

Catalonia disco closed at 3 am.

It is beside the Palma lobby bar so it doesn’t affect any of the rooms.

Chicken and pizza beside the pool is excellent, the a la carte’s are also very good.

Presidente bee on tap at all bars, wine was drinkable, better varieties in restaurants.

slideshow of the Catalonia here

[quote=@mamacita]Six more sleeps until my LONG awaited get-away is here!!! I have not been away from our children for more than a night or two for years and am in desperate need. lol!

We are arriving Sat., Jan. 17th, for 7 nights. We are booked at the Cat.

M.[/quote]

mamacita,
Small world…we will arrive at the Catalonia the day after you. Please try to leave us some beer. Oh, you’ll be able to recognize us as we will be the pale, hungry and thirsty ones.

Actually, we are there for six nights, so we will probably be checking out in line behind you on Saturday the 24th. We will be the tan, fully fed and slightly hungover ones. :wink:

We’re going from the 17th to the 24th. Hope we all have a great time.