Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Re Sandals Regency Rooms?

My husband and I are going there March 6/06 and the room that we have is the Superior Ocean view Room, can anyone tell me do some of them come with a balcony, or is it just a window view, it is not a big deal, I was just wondering. The room that we Have requested through Sandals is in the hotel, are the room generally nice there, and are all the renovations done.
Do they have theme nights and anything happen on the beach, or is it all in the hotel?

We are going Feb 4-11 so I’ll let you know about renovations after we return. I will post it on this forum.
The only rooms that don’t have a balcony at the regency are the deluxe rooms (unless this was part of the renovation). We stayed in one last March. Nice room but no balcony. We had 2 huge windows that had shutters that we could open. We do prefer a balcony. Friends of ours stayed in a superior room near the pool (in the hotel section). This room was similar to ours with a balcony. Had 2 chairs and a table on it and room to hang your wet clothes. Their room seemed a bit brighter to ours just because of the balcony/door.
Their room was really central to everything which was handy. Ours was quite a walk (which we did need with all we ate and drank).

The deluxe and superior rooms are a good size - have a coffee maker and coffee (coffee mate), hairdryer, lots of closet space and a safe. Bathroom has bright lights. The kingsize bed was comfy too. We booked into a grand luxury honeymoon room (I have no idea what that means - but I know it has a balcony)

There are theme nights. One night there is a beach party where there is a buffet on the beach and they have a steel band that plays. There is a manager’s party in the early evening one night by the main pool. They have a seafood and martini midnight buffet one evening in the Pavillion restaurant area where they have the nightly entertainment. I’m sure they have more themed nights but we were probably eating elsewhere than down at the main Pavillion when this would have been going on. You could find all of this out when you arrive. They give you lots of info upon your arrival. Including a fruit/alcohol drink, your toiletries, map, safe key.

I’ll post on here when we get back to let you know if the renovations are done. They were to be done by the end of December and I know this has been posted as a concern on the tripadvisor forum as well.