Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Resort Advice

1st time to DR! Looking for an all-inclusive, but confused by all the options! I’m looking for something in either Punta Cana or La Romana, preferably a fun environment for my husband and myself - we are in our 30’s with no kids. Like to have a variety of eating & drinking options & a large pool with access to white sandy beach. A newer resort would be an added bonus!
Have looked at prices & Secrets is out of our range, but would consider almost anything below that price. Thanks!

One of the newest resorts in Punta Cana with its perfect white sandy beach is the Majestic Colonial. In fact it is so new it hasn’t even opened yet but is suppose to in Dec. Prices are really good and it looks like it has a huge pool, five a la carte restaurants, sports bar as well as a swim up bar.
Of course there are many, many more to choose from and this is just one of them in Punta Cana. I’m sure you will get a lot of good honest advice about a lot of resorts.
Welcome to Debbies

Since you asked… :stuck_out_tongue:

My resort of choice is Casa del Mar in Bayahibe on the south coast. It is a resort all about comfort and beautiful views and white sandy beach and calm clear waters and impeccable service. The snorkeling is what brings me back time after time, and what has me booked for January and April of 2006!

This resort was built in 1997 but was totally renovated after Hurricane Georges. The renovations and maintenance have continued ever since to public areas and room blocks.

It has very good food with a lot of selection (5 restaurants and 7 bars), unlimited access to the a la cartes without reservations, no wristbands, horseback rides, beach activities, natural shade and palapas at both beach and pool, and it’s close to a ton of local excursions.

I have pictures posted at the link below. If you think you are interested, you should get a quote. You will likely find it on the low end of what’s out there which is a delightful surprise! If you have any questions in particular, let me know!

Kaki

Another option for you would be to go to a large complex that has several resorts in it such as the RIU or the Iberostar. That way you could use a large amount of restaurants, pools and bars.

I think Ocean BlueOcean Sand, would be a verry good choice, nice pools(2) with swim up bar, lots of different restauraunts,white sand and lots of activities only 1 year old ,price very good. Since it has been in operation for almost a year, all of the new resort problems have been looked at, and it is still new. We went last April and loved it.