Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Resort Choices?

Hi

Hi everyone. I usually travel to Cuba to the Paradisus in Holguin, but it has changed to an adults only resort. We went to Playa Pesquero in Holguin last year and it was terrible. Dirty pool, ants in our room and suit cases…etc. I really need a little advice. It is between, Majestic Elegance PC, Paradisus Palma Real, an the Paradisus PC. I will probably book The Royal Service at either Paradisus. I will be traveling with my wife and kids (ages 4 and 1). Basically, we like good food (doesn’t have to be fancy) just tasty, a nice beach and a clean pool (not too loud). I know I am asking for alot, but hopefully you can point us in the right direction. Thank you very much.

Dim

All three resort choices should serve you well.

I personally would choose this order:

1. Majestic Excellence
  2. Paridisus Palma Real
  3. Paradisus Punta Cana

Because it’s newly opened M. E. offers a particularly good value in it’s first year of operation.

Gregg

The Majestic Elegance is Adults Only…

No its isn’t VDP. Only the Club section is Adults only.

Correct.

Gregg

I stand corrected…my bad as they say in the internet world!

Thanks for the advice. The problem (if you call it a problem) is that we want to go to a 5 star resort that has everything we want and is good for the kids. Would any of you recommend anything else other than the ones I mentioned?

Dim

We loved the RIU Bambu and also the Bahia Principe Bavaro.

Riu Bambu - Smaller pool excellent food, great for kids

Bahia - Multiple pools great food, great for kids

There are a lot of great resorts, we ae having trouble deciding for ourselves!

Mike

majestic colonial has many of the same features as elegance plus a great liitle kids castle with water slides and toys…pools are nice and quiet compared to the bigger resorts as well…

I would recommend the Bahai as well. It was a great family resort in my opinion and they had a kids club as well.

Thanks again everyone. You are helping more than you know. I’m not one to leave the kids at the kids clubs so that does not matter too much. As long as the pool, food and beach are nice that’s all that matters. A quieter resort is preferred too. AHHHHHH! This keeps getting harder and harder. Can anyone comment on the Iberostar Punta Cana please? A friend of a friend said it is a great resort. Any feedback is good feedback. Thank you everyone and Happy Holidays.

Dim

We have been to IB resorts twice in PC and once in Bayahibe, excellent choice IMHO, good food, nice beach, kid friendly, lots of Palapas, noise level quite low…
Loved them all…