Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Resort House Wine?

Red or White ?

I find the red wine far too dry for my taste buds. The white isn’t much better either. In fact I generally only drink Mimosas at dinner when at a resort.

[quote=@cubakingone]Red or White ?
[/quote]

Depends on the resort.

Some have better reds than white and vice versa. I try them both the first night and then decide which one I prefer to stick with for the remainder of my stay. In some cases, both were not to my liking so I found something else to drink with dinner.

Ew, that’s such a hard (as in painful) question.
I like red… but not cold red!
I like white… but not room temp!

I mostly drink ze boobly (not to be confused with Bublé, but I like ze Bublé as well) :sunglasses:
Note: We usually bring a couple of bottles from home every trip, along with a bottle of Port for el padre de mi amiga when in Varadero area.

I want to be in CUBA” …our whine

I am not big fan of wine in Cuba but I would take white and mix with soda water and make spritzer.

We agree,  Mimosas are a good bet.
Even if the sparkling wine isn’t expensive or the Orange Juice isn’t freshly squeezed, the combo works wonders at breakfast   :sunglasses:
(lunch and dinner, too LOL)

[quote=@spunky]We agree,  Mimosas are a good bet.
Even if the sparkling wine isn’t expensive or the Orange Juice isn’t freshly squeezed, the combo works wonders at breakfast   :sunglasses:
(lunch and dinner, too LOL)[/quote]

Actually when I went to Cayo Guillermo Villa Cojimar they had huge orange juice machine and they squeezed fresh juice every morning :slight_smile: Machine did it all ., cut orange on a half and squeeze it :slight_smile: Now they just have to invent machine to squeeze grapes and make wine and mix it with soda water :slight_smile:

They had one of those orange juice machines at Villas Jibacoa first time we visited. Best orange juice in Cuba.
I think the machine was a leftover piece of equipment from when VentaClub of Italy managed the resort.

[quote=@yvrck][quote=@admin]Actually when I went to Cayo Guillermo Villa Cojimar they had huge orange juice machine and they squeezed fresh juice every morning :slight_smile: Machine did it all ., cut orange on a half and squeeze it
[/quote]They had one of those orange juice machines at Villas Jibacoa first time we visited. Best orange juice in Cuba.
I think the machine was a leftover piece of equipment from when VentaClub of Italy managed the resort.[/quote]

I think you are right as Vila Cojimar was former Italian resort!

But they haven’t had that machine for many, many years. They now serve the powdered “Tang” drink; now comes in many flavours. Yuck; I would love to see that machine resurrected. Fresh oranges, fresh juice, and withe the crushed oranges, think what a chef could do that!

I like their whites !!!

You are right it has been many years since I saw that machine and had that juice.

But yes I would prefer their white wine over red as well.

Next question: Fords or Chevs?

I prefer red wine, so that’s what I drink in Cuba. The exception was at the late, lamented Bucanero, where the red was truly undrinkable. So much so that I switched to white. Can’t say if it was the wine or the way it was stored, but it really was appalling. And I prefer my red chilled. “Room temperature” is supposed to be “castle room temperature”, certainly not room temperature in an open air restaurant in Cuba!