Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Resort Information-Casa Marina

Need some informative input about this resort.One of my friend recommended this resort.But so far i know this one is three star resort . To get some more information about this resort i posted it.Let me know your conception.Is this resort is a good one for family travel ?

It is a solid 3+ star hotel with a beautiful beach next door and a 5 min walk to the main beach (great beach). The town (2 min walk) is loaded with shops, restaurants, bars and clubs. Do note that there is a 2-3 block area in town that is loaded with “working girls” especially at night. You don’t bother them, they won’t bother you.
We have lived in the Sosua area for nearly 8 years now.

bobk

Thanks Bobk for your informative input.Your information is really helpful. :slight_smile:

Been visiting Casa Marina for the past 8 years, at least once sometimes twice a year.

Like many hotels in the DR, it’s suffering in the current economic climate, only 1 buffet restaurant open, a reduction in the speciality restaurants etc etc.

The main thing about it, like most 3* hotels in the DR, don’t expect it to be comparable to a 3* hotel at home. But within that, it’s clean and fine for an easy, relaxed holiday, the staff are generally friendly and helpful. On our recent trip, the hotel currency exchange was a joke, going for days without any cash available. The new general manager is very approachable and can communicate in English.

Hopefully, we’ll be returning at Christmas.

[quote=@supatramp]Been visiting Casa Marina for the past 8 years, at least once sometimes twice a year.

Like many hotels in the DR, it’s suffering in the current economic climate, only 1 buffet restaurant open, a reduction in the speciality restaurants etc etc.

[/quote]

interesting comment, directing it at the whole DR…

as all one has to do is head to the east coast and the PC area, and see expansion from hotels the airport, restaurants,shopping ect to see that comment is not correct

Things actually on the north coast are improving almost daily. New roads, restaurants, and many hotels planning on refurbs during this off season. In fact the last tourist season was the best in the last 4 or 5 years.

As to the exchange rate being horrible at your hotel this is true of ALL hotels and not just in the DR. If you got off the resort some then you knew that within 2 minutes of the hotel you had 4 or 5 places to exchange and much more realistic rate.

Glad to see that you are enjoying your trips to Sosua. Were you here to enjoy the closing of Pedro Clisante at night and the restaurants now setting up their tables on the street with live music every Saturday night.

bobk